Wright with Preston North End in 2016
|Full name||Bailey Colin Wright|
|Date of birth||28 July 1992|
|Place of birth||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2009||Preston North End|
|2010–2017||Preston North End||205||(8)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 6 January 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 7 June 2016
Wright spent his formative years at Langwarrin, before playing a season each with Mornington and Dandenong Thunder. He was identified as a promising talent, eventually earning selection for the Victorian state team in 2007. He honed his skills further with the Victorian Institute of Sport, before moving overseas in July 2009, signing a two-year scholarship with Preston North End after a protracted clearance saga.
Preston North End
In his first season with Preston North End, Wright played predominantly as a centre-half for the Reserves and Under 18s teams, but was eventually called up to the senior squad in April, sitting on the bench for the club’s fixture away to Coventry City. He commenced the 2010–11 season with his debut senior appearance in the first round of the League Cup, playing the full 90 minutes in the Lilywhites' 5–0 win against Stockport County. On 13 December 2010, Wright was handed a two and a half year professional contract.
Wright was voted Young player of the year of Preston North End for the season 2012/13. On 1 May 2013 he was handed a new two-year contract, with the option of staying at Preston North End for another year.
Wright won promotion via the Play-Offs with Preston in 2015, defeating Swindon Town 4-0 at Wembley on 24 May 2015.
On 6 January 2017 It Was Announced That Wright joined Bristol City for an undisclosed fee, signing a two-and-a-half year contract. On 7 January 2017 he made his debut in the FA Cup Third Round Tie against Fleetwood Town.
Since joining Bristol City has made little or no impact as they continue to lose games and concede goals.
Wright was a member of the Australia under-17 squad that reached the quarter-finals of the AFC U-16 Championship, narrowly missing a place at the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup when they lost 2–3 against United Arab Emirates.
He was also selected as part of Ange Postecoglou's 23 man squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, one of two new inclusions.
- As of 20 September 2016
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Preston North End||2010–11||Championship||2||0||0||0||2||0||0||0||4||0|
|1.||8 September 2014||Craven Cottage, London, England||Saudi Arabia||3–1||3–2||Friendly|
Preston North End
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 42. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- "Bailey Wright". socceroos.com.au. Football Federation Australia. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- "The Wright Stuff". PNEFC. 16 April 2010. Archived from the original on 18 April 2010. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- "FFA ends Wright, Parish standoff". Goal!Weekly. 10 November 2009. Archived from the original on 11 July 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- "Wright: An Amazing First Year". PNEFC. 21 April 2010. Archived from the original on 22 April 2010. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- "John Welsh Is 2013 Player Of The Year". Preston North End FC. 28 April 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- "Preston North End: Bailey Wright signs new contract". Preston North End FC. 1 May 2013. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "Defender Bailey Wright signs for Bristol City from Preston North End". Bristol Post. 6 January 2017.
- Davidson, John (9 September 2014). "Wright on target in dream debut for Socceroos". FourFourTwo.