Bailey of Bristol
Phoenix Business Park home of Baileys
|Founded||1948Bristol, United Kingdomin|
|Headquarters||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Her Majesty The Queen, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, Rt Hon Dame Margaret Beckett DBE MP|
|Products||Leisure vehicles – touring caravans and motorhomes|
|Brands||Pursuit, Pegasus GT65, Unicorn II|
Number of employees
Bailey of Bristol is one of the UK’s biggest manufacturers of leisure vehicles – touring caravans and motorhomes. In 2013 it achieved a record turnover of £95 million. It has about 350 employees, and an annual production of around 7,500 vehicles (caravans and motorhomes).
The company was officially founded in 1948 and has always been based in Bristol and claims to be the longest established caravan manufacturer. In 2012 it celebrated its 65th anniversary and  Her Majesty The Queen accompanied by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, visited Bailey of Bristol and toured its factory. as part of the Diamond Jubilee tour of the UK.
The first Bailey caravan was built in 1947 by Mr Martin Bailey in his garage in South Bristol. He sold it for £200. In 1948 F G Bailey Ltd was officially formed and produced its first caravan called the Bailey Maestro. Martin Bailey sold the business in 1977 to Patrick and Stephen Howard, and is still owned by the Howard family.
Current Model Range
- Pegasus IV
- Unicorn III
- Approach Autograph
- Approach Advance
- Approach Compact
- Discovery (2001–2010)
- Olympus series II (2011–2013)
- Orion (2011–2013)
- Pageant (1982–2010, series II 2011–2013)
- Pegasus series I (2009–2011)
- Pegasus series II (2011–2013)
- Pegasus series III (2013-2015)
- Ranger (1996–2008)
- Senator (series I to VI, 1987–2009)
- Unicorn series I (2010–2012)
- Unicorn series II (2012-2014)
- Approach SE (2011–2013)
- "Bailey Of Bristol". Archived from the original on 2014-05-21.
- "Bailey of Bristol: The first half of 65 years of history".
- "BBC News - Queen and Prince Philip visit Bristol caravan firm". BBC News.
- "News Detail".
- "MP picks up the keys to 2011 Bailey Pegasus caravan".
- "BBC NEWS - UK - UK Politics - Beckett to carry on caravanning".
- "Carry on caravanning". the Guardian.
- "TV's Rivron set to take delivery of new caravan". Caravans.
- "Bailey Caravans - UK Caravan Manufacturer". bailey-aboutus.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-05-31.