Bain Capital Ventures
|Limited liability company|
|Industry||Financial services, Investment management|
|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, New York, New York, Palo Alto, California|
|Managing Directors: Ajay Agarwal, John Connolly, Jeff Crisan, Scott Friend, Michael Krupka, J. Benjamin Nye|
|Total assets||$3.1 billion|
Number of employees
Bain Capital Ventures LLC is the venture capital division within Bain Capital, which has approximately $60 billion of assets under management worldwide. The firm's early-stage investments have included Staples, LinkedIn, Kiva, and Shopping.com. Bain Capital Ventures manages $3.1 billion of committed capital, has over 70 active portfolio companies, and has offices in Boston, New York City, and Palo Alto.
Bain Capital Ventures has raised slightly over $3 billion of investor capital since 2001 across five investment funds. The firm is currently investing its fifth fund, Bain Capital Venture Fund 2012, which raised $600 million from investors. The following is a summary of Bain's private equity funds raised from its inception through the beginning of 2012:
|Fund||Vintage Year||Committed Capital ($m)|
|Bain Capital Venture Fund||2001||$250|
|Bain Capital Venture Partners 2005||2005||$250|
|Bain Capital Venture Partners 2007||2007||$500|
|Bain Capital Venture Partners 2009||2009||$525|
|Bain Capital Venture Partners 2012||2012||$660|
|Bain Capital Venture Partners 2014||2014||$650, $200|
Some of the company's investments have included: AdReady, Ameritox, Apparent Networks, AppAssure Software, Appriss, Archer Technologies, Billtrust,  blip.tv, BloomReach, Booker Software,. Enclarity, Enservio, Fingerhut, INRIX, Invoke Solutions, iPAY, Kiva Systems, Lala Media, LinkedIn, MagazineRadar, Manicube, MedeAnalytics, Memento, Nomis Solutions, Oyster.com, The Princeton Review, Rave Wireless, Rapid7, RDC, Skyhook Wireless,Stackdriver, SurveyMonkey, Targetspot, TheFind, Thumbplay, Tokbox, TravelCLICK, TxVia, vAuto, VMLogix, VMTurbo, Vonage, and ZeroTurnaround.
- Data collected from Preqin, a private equity database system
- Shieber, Jonathan. "Bain Capital Ventures Raises $850 Million In Two New Funds". TechCrunch. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- AdReady nails $10 million from Bain, Khosla Ventures
- Apparent Networks Obtains Expansion Capital Investment From Leading Venture Firms
- Rao, Leena. "Online Billing SaaS Billtrust Raises $25M From Bain Capital Ventures". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- Roslyn, Darah. "Booker Raises $27.5 Million Led by Bain Capital Ventures." Press release. The Wall Street Journal. April 16, 2013
- LinkedIn Closes Its Round; Got That Billion Dollar Valuation
- Kirsner, Scott. "In-office manicure startup Manicube collects $5 million from Bain". Boston Globe. Archived from the original on 16 April 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Mede Secures $50M of Funding Led by Bain Capital Ventures
- Memento Secures $10M
- Rave Wireless Raises $7 Million For Mobile Safety Services
- Rapid7 Secures Venture Funding from Bain Capital to Further Advance its Leading Vulnerability Management Solutions
- Skyhook Wireless Secures $8.5 million of New Financing to Fuel Global Expansion
- Skyhook Wireless Closes $6.5 Million In Venture And Corporate Funding Round
- VMware vets launch Stackdriver, raise $5M from Bain Capital Ventures
- SurveyMonkey Announces Group Led by Spectrum Equity to Become Majority Investor
- Video Chat Service TokBox Raises $10 Million From Bain
- TxVia, Inc. Raises $15.5M in Series C Financing, led by Bain Capital Ventures
- VMTurbo grabs $10M from Bain, Highland to expand cloud virtualization solutions