From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Motto||Nil Sine Labore
(Nothing Without Effort)
|Type||Voluntary aided Comprehensive school|
|DfE URN||119813 Tables|
The school was graded as “requiring improvement” by Ofsted inspectors in 2015, after they found a “significant reduction in staff” and “a decline in the quality of teaching and achievement” compared to the last inspection in 2011.
Notable former pupils
|This section does not cite any sources. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Michael P Barnett, chemist and computer scientist
- Arnold Beckett, pharmacist, and expert on doping in sport
- Daniel Whiston, professional ice skater
- Ian Stuart Donaldson, lead singer of Skrewdriver
- "Ofsted - 2007 - Baines School". Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills. 2 May 2007. Retrieved 10 February 2011.
- "A free school was founded, in 1717, by James Baines, who endowed it with land now producing an income of £69 per annum : a master and an usher are elected annually, and the number of children instructed varies from eighty to one hundred and twenty. The founder likewise bequeathed land, of the present value of £100 a year, for apprenticing poor children of this parish."Samuel Lewis (1842), A topographical dictionary of England, London: S. Lewis and Co. Page 265
- "Home - Baines' Endowed Primary School and Children's Centre".
- "Baines Endowed V.C. School :".
- "The free school of Poulton, date 1717, is endowed with £69. per annum; that of Marton, date 1717, with £91. per annum; Thornton, 1717, £31. per annum; founder of the three James Baines; who also left a munificent bequest, now £100. yearly, to the poor, and for apprenticing their children."Edwin Butterworth (1841), A statistical sketch of the County Palatine of Lancaster (A statistical sketch of the County Palatine of Lancaster. ed.), London: Longman Page 106
- "Ofsted School Report 6-7 May 2015 - Baines". Ofsted.
|This Lancashire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|