Bains is an unincorporated community in West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana, United States. Its elevation is 187 feet (57 m).
Bains was named for Dr. Henry Bains, a plantation owner.
Residents are zoned to West Feliciana Parish Public Schools. Elementary school children attend Bains Lower Elementary School and Bains Elementary School in Bains. Secondary schools serving Bains are West Feliciana Middle School and West Feliciana High School in Bains.
The West Feliciana Parish Library is located in St. Francisville. The library, previously a part of the Audubon Regional Library System, became independent in January 2004.
- ^ a b "Bains, Louisiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- ^ Leeper, Clare D'Artois (19 October 2012). Louisiana Place Names: Popular, Unusual, and Forgotten Stories of Towns, Cities, Plantations, Bayous, and Even Some Cemeteries. LSU Press. p. 26. ISBN 978-0-8071-4740-5.
- ^ "Schools." West Feliciana Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on August 16, 2010.
- ^ "Directory." West Feliciana Parish Library. Retrieved on September 29, 2010.
- ^ "About Us." West Feliciana Parish Library. Retrieved on September 29, 2010.