|Elevation||187 ft (57 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||532281|
Bains was named for Dr. Henry Bains, a plantation owner.
Residents are zoned to West Feliciana Parish Public Schools. Elementary school children attend Bains Lower Elementary School and Bains Elementary School in Bains. Secondary schools serving Bains are West Feliciana Middle School and West Feliciana High School in Bains.
- "Bains, Louisiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Leeper, Clare D'Artois (19 October 2012). Louisiana Place Names: Popular, Unusual, and Forgotten Stories of Towns, Cities, Plantations, Bayous, and Even Some Cemeteries. LSU Press. p. 26. ISBN 978-0-8071-4740-5.
- "Schools Archived 2010-07-15 at the Wayback Machine.." West Feliciana Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on August 16, 2010.
- "Directory." West Feliciana Parish Library. Retrieved on September 29, 2010.
- "About Us." West Feliciana Parish Library. Retrieved on September 29, 2010.
|This Louisiana state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|