This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bains Sharif is an agricultural Village in Khari Sharif of Azad Jammu & Kashmir. The village mainly consists of farmland. It is known for its agricultural output and is also known for housing the Shrines of Sufi Saints.
The village has a Mosque, Clinic, Madrasa and separate schools for males and females. The village has a number of local shops and stores. 50% of the population has migrated to England.
The Culture of Bains is mainly that of the Punjab (Pakistan). The traditional clothing of bains is Shalwar Kameez. The Language spoken by the residents of Bains Sharif is Punjabi, than that of Mirpuri or Pothohari. The cuisine is mainly Punjabi. the dishes consist of : Chicken - Tandoori Chicken, Butter Chicken, Chicken Tikka, etc.
- Lamb - Rogan Josh, Bhuna Ghosht, Kadhai Ghost, Raan Gosht, Dal Gosht, Saag Meat, Nihari Gosht, *Rara Gosht, Paye ka Soup, etc.
- Beef - Nihari Beef, Beef Pasanda, Kadhai Beef, etc. (especially popular in West Punjab).
- Fish - These are all Freshwater fish dishes like Amritsari Fish, Tandoori Fish, Fish Tikka, Fish Pakora, etc.
- Kebabs - Various Lamb, Chicken and Beef Kebabs.
- Biryanis - Chicken Biryani and Lamb Biryani.
- Keema Naans - Chicken mince and Lamb mince stuffed Naans.
- Pickles - Lamb Pickle and vegetable Pickle.
A variety of Punjabi dinner cuisines - Starting from the left, Gobi Aloo, Seekh Kehbab, and Beef KarahiPulse, bean and / or lentil preparations:
- Sarson Saag with Makki Roti
- Dal makhani/Dal Handi
- Pothi Dhaal (Red kidney bean) and Rice
- Dal Masrani
- Rongi (Black eyed bean)
- Choley (Chick Peas - eaten with Naan or roti)
- 2 ratani dal (mixture of 2 lentils)