|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Embankment, earth-fill|
|Height||67 m (220 ft)|
|Length||182 m (597 ft)|
|Installed capacity||80 MW|
Bairabi Hydel Project is a 120 MW Project initiated by Brig Ṭhenphunga Sailo during Mizoram People's Conference government. National Hydroelectric Power Corporation had started the survey and investigation of Detailed Project Implementation in 1982. NHPC prepared the feasibility reportd on the basis of field investigations which were completed in 1982-83.
Due to the change in Government in 1984, the Congress Government led by Pu Lalthanhawla came to power, Techno-Economic Clearance, Forest & Environment Clearance was pursued but not successful, hence Bhramaputra Board was asked to reinvestigate and prepare a DIPR, who reduced the power project from 120 MW to 80 MW.
The Mizo National Front Government under Pu Zoramthanga came to power in 2000, even though Techno-Economic Clearance and Forest Environment Clearances were received, but due to non availability of funds, no progress was made.
The Congress Government led by Pu Lalthanhawla came back to power in 2008, A MoU was signed between the Government of Mizoram and Sikaria Power Ltd, Kolkata on 10 August 2012 out of which the State Government will receive 13% free and the remaining amount will be sold to the government.
- "Detailed Status of Tenth Plan Hydro Power Projects (May 2005)". Infraline. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Sailo among oldest active politicians". IBN Live. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "POWER MAWLH HI". The Zozam Times. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Bairabi O Bairabi!!". misual.com. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- Lalfakzuala. "Bairabi Dam Project 80MW leh TLAWNG HEP 55MW TAN MOU ZIAKFEL". DIPR Mizoram. Retrieved 13 August 2012.