Baiyun District, Guangzhou
Front Entrance of Baiyun Mountain
Baiyun in Guangzhou
|• Total||825 km2 (319 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (3,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
|Baiyun District, Guangzhou|
|Canton Romanization||bak6 wan4 kêu1|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Báiyún Qū|
|Alternative Chinese name|
|Canton Romanization||bak6 wan4|
Baiyun District is one of the administrative districts of Guangzhou, the capital of China's Guangdong province. The district is located in the city's northern suburbs, and is named after the Baiyun Mountain (the "White Cloud Mountain"), one of the area's natural attractions.
Much of Baiyun was formerly part of northern Panyu County after the establishment of the PRC by October 1951 Baiyun was ceded to the City of Guangzhou and formally established as a suburban district north and east of the city. Much of district was absorbed into Jiao District in June 1956. Within few years parts of Jiao District was splinted into several districts such as Huangpu, Fangcun, and Tianhe. By 1987 the remaining parts of Jiao District was renamed as Baiyun. On 28 April 2005 the northeastern part of Baiyun was ceded to the new district of Luogang.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Canton Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Jingtai Subdistrict||景泰街道||Jǐngtài Jiēdào||ging2 tai3 gai1 dou6||82,226||11.40|
|Songzhou Subdistrict||松洲街道||Sōngzhōu Jiēdào||cung4 zeo1 gai1 dou6||106,274||9.30|
|Tongde Subdistrict||同德街道||Tóngdé Jiēdào||tung4 dak1 gai1 dou6||105,310||3.60|
|Huangshi Subdistrict||黄石街道||Huángshí Jiēdào||wong4 sék6 gai1 dou6||117,339||5.71|
|Tangjing Subdistrict||棠景街道||Tángjǐng Jiēdào||tong4 ging2 gai1 dou6||89,895||4.23|
|Xinshi Subdistrict||新市街道||Xīnshì Jiēdào||san1 si5 gai1 dou6||152,292||3.36|
|Yuncheng Subdistrict||云城街道||Yúnchéng Jiēdào||wen4 sing4 gai1 dou6||3.74|
|Sanyuanli Subdistrict||三元里街道||Sānyuánlǐ Jiēdào||sam1 yun4 léi5 gai1 dou6||100,149||6.80|
|Tonghe Subdistrict||同和街道||Tónghé Jiēdào||tung4 wo4 gai1 dou6||89,362||24.25|
|Jingxi Subdistrict||京溪街道||Jīngxī Jiēdào||ging1 kei1 gai1 dou6||91,970||5.51|
|Yongping Subdistrict||永平街道||Yǒngpíng Jiēdào||wing5 ping4 gai1 dou6||124,000||14.44|
|Junhe Subdistrict||均禾街道||Jūnhé Jiēdào||guen1 wo4 gai1 dou6||124,909||19.80|
|Jinsha Subdistrict||金沙街道||Jīnshā Jiēdào||gam1 sa1 gai1 dou6||52,657||10.20|
|Shijing Subdistrict||石井街道||Shíjǐng Jiēdào||sék6 zéng2 gai1 dou6||209,022||3.48|
|Baiyunhu Subdistrict||白云湖街道||Báiyúnhú Jiēdào||bak6 wan4 wu4 gai1 dou6||16.00|
|Shimen Subdistrict||石门街道||Shímén Jiēdào||sék6 mun4 gai1 dou6||19.80|
|Jiahe Subdistrict||嘉禾街道||Jiāhé Jiēdào||gaa1 wo4 gai1 dou6||87,696||4.00|
|Helong Subdistrict||鹤龙街道||Hèlóng Jiēdào||hog6 lung4 gai1 dou6||6.00|
|Renhe Town||人和镇||Rénhé Zhèn||yen4 wo4 zen3||127,795||74.10|
|Taihe Town||太和镇||Tàihé Zhèn||tai3 wo4 zen3||208,589||155.37|
|Jianggao Town||江高镇||Jiānggāo Zhèn||gong1 gou1 zen3||161,343||95.71|
|Zhongluotan Town||钟落潭镇||Zhōngluòtán Zhèn||zung1 log6 tam4 zen3||192,322||169.40|
For many years, Guangzhou's main airport, the (Former) Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport was located within Baiyun District. In 2004, the airport was relocated farther north from the city center. Although the new airport has retained the name Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, it is actually located in the neighboring Huadu District, just north of its border with the Baiyun District.
Baiyun is currently service by two metro lines operated by Guangzhou Metro:
- Line 2 - Jiahewanggang ( ), Huangbian, Jiangxia, Xiao-gang, Baiyun Culture Square, Baiyun Park, Feixiang Park, Sanyuanli
- Line 3 - Gaozeng (u/c) ( ), Renhe, Longgui, Jiahewanggang ( ), Baiyundadaobei, Yongtai, Tonghe, Jingxi Nanfang Hospital, Meihuayuan
- Line 6 - Xunfenggang, Hengsha, Shabei
Government and infrastructure
International schools in Baiyun District:
- Alcanta International College
- The original campus of Guangzhou Nanhu International School (now (Guangzhou Nanfang International School)
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "China Southern Airlines Co. Ltd." BNet. Retrieved on October 3, 2009.
- "联系我们" (Archive). Guangdong Prison Administrative Bureau. Retrieved on December 24, 2015. "地址：广东省广州市白云区广园中路298号"
- "联系我们." Alcanta International College. Retrieved on September 30, 2015. "地址：广州市白云区白云大道南1130号"
- "About." Guangzhou Nanfang International School. Retrieved on September 28, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Baiyun District, Guangzhou.|