Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
|Tapan Singhel (MD and CEO)|
|Products||Motor Insurance, Health Insurance, Travel Insurance, Home Insurance, Marine Insurance|
|Revenue||INR 59 billion (FY 2015-2016) |
|₹6 billion (US$89 million)|
|Parent||Bajaj Finserv, Allianz SE|
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance is a private general insurance company in India. The company is a joint venture between Bajaj Finserv Limited (formerly part of Bajaj Auto Limited) owned by the Bajaj Group of India and Allianz SE, a European financial services company.
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance received an Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) certificate of registration on 2 May 2001 to conduct general insurance business, including health insurance, in India. In the first year of its operations the company had 36 offices and around 100 employees. The company started its operations with a paid up capital of ₹1.10 billion. Bajaj Finserv Limited holds 74% and the remaining 26% is held by Allianz SE. Bajaj Allianz is headquartered in Pune with offices in over 200 cities in India and more than 3,500 employees as of 2015.
The Company lists 97 filed and approved products, of which 27 are health products.
In January 2014, the company announced it would open up all-women branches. As of 2015, the company has 30 such branches in India.
- "Annual Report FY 2015-16" (PDF). Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co.Ltd. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- Surjit Saha Bajaj Allianz, May 25, 2015
- Bajaj Finserv justifies the rise in share price
- "About Bajaj Allianz General Insurance". Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- "Bajaj Allianz Product Category". Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- "Behind Bajaj Allianz General Insurance launching its all-women branch".