|Engine||Before 2002, 150 cc two-stroke 2002 - 2005, 150 cc four-stroke|
|Top speed||90 km/h|
|Power||7.5 BHP@ 5500 rpm|
|Torque||10.8 NM @ 3500 rpm|
|Transmission||1972 - 2005, 4 speed, manual with shifter in the left hand grip|
|Dimensions||L: 1770 mm|
W: 670 mm
|Fuel consumption||62 km/L (180 mpg‑imp; 150 mpg‑US)|
|Related||Bajaj Legend, LML NV, LML T5|
Around 1980, the Vespa-licensed design was replaced with an all-new in-house design that shared the same general appearance and style. During its heyday its chief competitor was LML NV made by LML India as a licensed copy of the Vespa PX 150. In the face of rising competition from bikes and cars, Chetak lost ground in India, and production was discontinued in 2005 as Bajaj Auto stopped manufacturing scooters altogether.
On 16 October 2019, Bajaj Auto re-entered the scooter space by unveiling a new electric version of their Chetak scooter under the Urbanite EV sub-brand. The production of the Chetak Electric started on September 25, 2019 at the Chakan plant of Bajaj Auto. It is being launched initially in Pune (4 dealerships) and Bangalore (13 dealerships) in January 2020 and will be sold through select KTM dealerships.
|Engine||4 kW BLDC electric motor|
|Top speed||60 km/h (37 mph)|
|Suspension||front: single-sided trailing arm|
rear: single shock absorber
|Tires||Tubeless 12 inch|
|Range||95 km (59 mi)/charge |
|Footnotes / references|
- "Bye bye Bajaj: Sun sets on India's beloved scooter". The Seattle Times. 14 March 2010. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- Kumar, Anuj (16 December 2009). "Bye bye Bajaj". The Hindu. Chennai, India. Retrieved 5 April 2010.
- "Chetak – A Brand new electric scooter | The Future of Mobility". Bajaj Auto. Retrieved 24 January 2020.
- "Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled in India, Launch in 2020". News18. Retrieved 18 October 2019.
- Bajaj Chetak Electric - Price, Top Speed, Range, Charging Time | First Look Review | ZigWheels, retrieved 24 January 2020
- "Upcoming Two wheelers In 2020". Caringly Yours. 24 February 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bajaj Chetak.|