Bajaj Discover DTS-i
|Engine||94.4, 125 and 144.8 cc Air-cooled, four-stroke cycle, single piston, Self start, kick start|
|Suspension||Front Telescopic, wheel travel 130 mm stroke
Rear Nitrox, wheel travel 110 mm wheel travel
|Brakes||Front 240 mm Disc Brake
Rear 130mm Drum Brake
|Weight||121 kg (wet)|
|Fuel capacity||12 litres full|
The Bajaj Discover is a motorcycle brand by Bajaj Auto. Currently there are four variants of Discover: Discover 100 DTS-Si, Discover 125 DTS-i, Discover 125ST and Discover 150 DTS-i. The bike, initially launched in the year 2004, has been a success in the Indian two wheeler segment since then.
The first variant of Discover was launched in 2004. The bike had an engine capacity of 125 cc. A 112 cc variant was launched in December 2005. The bike was claimed to have a mileage of 101 km/l (290 mpg‑imp; 240 mpg‑US). In 2007, a 135 cc variant was launched.
The Discover was the second Bajaj bike (After the Pulsar segment) to come with the six spoke alloys and the patented "Exhaus-TEC"—basically a resonator that boosts torque at lower rpms. It also employed the Bajaj trademark "DTS-i" Digital Twin Spark Ignition Technology used in the Bajaj Pulsar 150 and 180 DTS-i.
At launch, four variants were available:
- Spoke wheels, Drum brake, Kickstart, Round Headlamp
- Spoke wheels, Drum brake, Kickstart, Fairing
- Spoke wheels, Drum brake, Selfstart, Fairing
- Alloy wheels, Disc brake, Selfstart, Fairing, Tachometer
However, during mid-2005, the Discover was made a single variant model. It was revamped with new graphics, black grab-rail, SNS (Spring in spring) suspension, 130 mm drum brakes, six spoke alloys as standard, selfstart and some engine tweaks predominantly aimed at reducing friction and combustion roar.
A 135 cc model was launched in 2007 which features a front disc brake, self-start, nitrox suspension and black alloy wheels. The silver engine has also been powder-coated black in the 135 cc variant.
A 100 cc version was launched in 2009 with a DTS-Si engine. After the success of the discover 100, Bajaj launched a 150 cc version and stopped production of the 135 cc variant. The 125 cc variant was re-launched in 2011.The 125ST was launched in 2012.Three new models - 100 T, 100M and 125 T powered by world's first 4 valve twin spark - DTSi engine and new sporty designs was launched in 2013.
100M is launch with tagline "mileage ka naya satya" (new truth of mileage), company claimed 84km/l, it's 102cc bike. with 95km/h max. speed, 4 valve Engine.
|Specifications||Discover 100 DTS-i||Discover 150 DTS-i||Discover 125 DTS-i||Discover 125T|
|Kerb Weight (kg)||115||121||118.5||121|
- "Bajaj Auto-Vehicles". Archived from the original on 14 May 2010. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- Muralidhar, S (19 December 2004). "S. Muralidhar". Business Line. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- "New variant of Bajaj Discover". Business Line. 20 December 2005. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- S. Muralidhar (13 May 2007). "There is more to Discover". Business Line. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- "Bajaj Discover 150 DTSi launched, priced Rs 46k". Archived from the original on 2010-05-14. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "Bajaj auto launch new Discover 125". The Hindu. 2012-05-14. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- "Bajaj Discover DTS-i- Technical Specs". Bajaj Auto. Archived from the original on 10 May 2010. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- "Bajaj Discover 150-Technical Specs". Bajaj Auto. Archived from the original on 14 May 2010. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- "Bajaj Discover 125-Technical Specs". Bajaj Auto. Archived from the original on 2012-10-15.
- "Bajaj Discover 125ST-Technical Specs". Bajaj Auto. Archived from the original on 2012-10-14.