|Comune di Bajardo|
Bajardo under the January snow.
|Frazioni||Berzi, Vignai |
|• Mayor||Jose Littardi|
|• Total||24.54 km2 (9.47 sq mi)|
|Elevation||900 m (3,000 ft)|
|Population (31 December 2007)|
|• Density||12/km2 (32/sq mi)|
|Demonym(s)||Baiardesi or Bajocchi|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||Saint Nicholas of Bari|
Bajardo (also Baiardo) is a comune in the Province of Imperia in the Italian region Liguria. At the start of 2008 it had 306 inhabitants: less than a fifth of those counted in 1911. It is about 110 kilometres (68 mi) southwest of Genoa and about 25 kilometres (16 mi) west of Imperia.
First ruled by the Counts of Ventimiglia, it passed to the Marquis of Ceva before coming under Genoese control in 1259. It remained with Genoa until 1815 when it became part of the Kingdom of Sardinia. The parish church of San Nicolò da Bari in Piazza Parrocchiale  was built in 1893 to replace the church destroyed by the earthquake of 1887.
Every year, various festivals are held in Baiardo. One occurs in June in remembrance of an event from hundreds of years ago. One of the ruling lords was engaged to a woman. However, this women was much younger and had a secret lover. One day, the secret lover and the woman attempted to escape into the woods. However, the rich lord sent for them. When found, she was decapitated. What happened to the secret lover is unknown. In remembrance, Bairado holds a tree-cutting festival at the beginning of every June. The townspeople set up the tree in the central square, have various festivities throughout the day, and two weeks later chop down the tree.
- Comune di Baiardo, Statuto (1992).
- Provincia di Imperia, Bajardo.
- Italian statistical institute (Istat), Elenco comuni italiani 31 mar 2009.
- A deduction made from the fact that the only parish church which Chiesa Cattolica Italiana website identifies within the commune is S. Nicolò da Bari, Piazza Parrocchiale 12, Bajardo 18031 (IM).
- Chiesa Cattolica Italiana, Parrocchia San Nicolò da Bari.
- Comunità Montana Intemelia, Baiardo.