|Locale||Gorski Kotar, Croatia|
|Official name||Most Bajer|
|Maintained by||Autocesta Rijeka–Zagreb|
|Design||Box girder bridge|
|Total length||520 m|
|Width||2 x 12.05 m|
|Longest span||50.16 m|
|Clearance above||41 m|
|Toll||charged as a part of A6 motorway toll|
Bajer Bridge is located between the Vrata and Oštrovica interchanges of the A6 motorway in Gorski Kotar, Croatia, spanning Lake Bajer. It is 520 metres (1,710 ft) long. The bridge consists of two parallel structures: The first one was completed in 1995, and the second one in 2008. The bridge is tolled within the A6 motorway ticket system and there are no separate toll plazas associated with use of the bridge. The bridge was constructed by Viadukt.
At this location the motorway route follows a horizontal curve of 2,006-metre (6,581 ft) radius. Transversal grade of the deck is constant and equal to 2.5%, while elevation grade of the bridge is constant at 0.835%, sloping down towards Oštrovica. The bridge is a box girder structure supporting the deck across 10 spans: 42.63 m (139.9 ft) + 8 x 50.16 m (164.6 ft) + 42.63 m (139.9 ft). Since the elevation of the bridge lies 41 metres (135 ft) above the average water level of Lake Bajer, incremental launching of the bridge was executed without use of any auxiliary piers. The main longitudinal girders comprise box cross-section and were divided in 19 sections each (2 x 27.94 m (91.7 ft) + 15 x 25.08 m (82.3 ft) + 2 x 27.94 m (91.7 ft)). Piers of the bridge comprise a 6.6-metre (22 ft) by 3.1-metre (10 ft) box cross-section with 30 centimetres (12 in) thick walls. Bridge abutments and shore piers have shallow foundations, while those piers located within the lake have foundations executed on groups of six piles each. The piles are circular in cross section, 1.5 metres (4 ft 11 in) in diameter, and are connected with beam cap slabs measuring 8.5 m (28 ft) x 9.5 m (31 ft) x 2.5 m (8 ft 2 in).
Traffic is regularly counted and reported by Autocesta Rijeka–Zagreb, operator of the viaduct and the A6 motorway where the structure is located, and published by Hrvatske ceste. Substantial variations between annual (AADT) and summer (ASDT) traffic volumes are attributed to the fact that the bridge carries substantial tourist traffic to the Adriatic resorts. The traffic count is performed using analysis of motorway toll ticket sales.
|Bajer Bridge traffic volume|
|A6||2915 Vrata west||12,413||20,891||Between Vrata and Oštrovica interchanges.|
- Zvonimir Marić. "Najvrjedniji mostovi u Hrvatskoj izgrađeni između prvoga i petoga Sabora hrvatskih graditelja" [The most valuable bridges in Croatia completed between the first and the second Congress of Croatian Builders] (in Croatian). Gradimo. Archived from the original on 14 September 2010. Retrieved October 12, 2010.
- Croatian Motorways (PDF). Hrvatske autoceste. 2007. pp. 360–361. ISBN 978-953-7491-09-3. Archived from the original on 18 August 2010. Retrieved September 11, 2010.
- "Bridge "Bajer" Rijeka - Zagreb highway". Viadukt. Retrieved October 12, 2010.
- Marić, Zvonimir; Tkalčić, Damir (February 20, 2003). "Najveća postignuća u građenju mostova u Hrvatskoj" [The greatest bridge-building achievements in Croatia] (PDF). Građevinar (in Croatian). Retrieved October 12, 2010.
- "Traffic counting on the roadways of Croatia in 2009 - digest" (PDF). Hrvatske Ceste. May 1, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-21.