|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Bajerovce (Hungarian: Bajorvágás) is a village and municipality in Sabinov District in the Prešov Region of north-eastern Slovakia. In historical records the village was first mentioned in 1366. Ruthenians, settled here in the 1570s, were the main inhabitants of the village in recent centuries. The municipality lies at an altitude of 679 metres and covers an area of 11.897 km2 (4.59 sq mi). It has a population of about 354 people (293 Slovaks and 60 Ruthenians) in 2001.
The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Presov, Slovakia"
- Roman Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1753-1895
- Greek Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1825-1851, 1875-1895 (parish A)
- Census records 1869 of Bajerovce are available at the state archive.
- Bajerovce - The Carpathian Connection
- Surnames of living people in Bajerovce
|This Prešov Region geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|