|Full name||Bakary Soro|
|Date of birth||5 December 1985|
|Place of birth||Anyama, Abidjan, Ivory Coast|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|Académie de Sol Beni|
|2007–2008||→ Germinal Beerschot (loan)||5||(0)|
|2016||→ Alanyaspor (loan)||2||(0)|
|2005||Ivory Coast U20||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 April 2018|
Bakary Soro (born 5 December 1985) is a Burkinabé football defender who most recently played for Şanlıurfaspor. He has represented the Ivory Coast at under-20 level and Burkina Faso in an exhibition game.
Soro grew up in Anyama, the same Abidjan suburb as Ivorian internationals Arouna, and Bakari Koné, and in similar fashion to the latter, began his career at homeland club ASEC Mimosas, coming through their famed Académie de Sol Beni youth academy, run by Jean-Marc Guillou, before moving on to the ASEC first team.
Soro's success did not go unnoticed, as he was called up to the Ivorian senior side for the 2008 African Cup of Nations qualifier against Gabon on 5 October 2006, along with fellow ASEC player Didier Ya Konan. The team won 5–0, although Soro was an unused substitute.
In January 2007, Soro signed a loan deal with Belgian Pro League club Germinal Beerschot, going on to make four appearances. In August 2007, Soro moved to French Ligue 1 side Lorient, establishing himself in the first team for the 2008–09 season.
Soro left Lorient in September 2009 to join Arles on a free transfer in December 2009.
Soro represented the Ivory Coast at the 2005 African Youth Championship and was named captain during the tournament. He played in games against Mali, Benin and Nigeria as Ivory Coast were eliminated at the group stage.
Soro later switched international allegiance to Burkina Faso and participated in an exhibition game in Cannes against Gabon on 6 September 2010. He came on as a second-half substitute, making his debut under controversial Portuguese coach Paulo Duarte; Duarte gave international debuts to several non-Burkinabé players during his time as Burkina Faso head coach.
In 2012, it was announced that Burkina Faso had named Soro in their provisional squad for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.
- Bakary Soro Şanlıurfaspor'da‚ sanliurfa63.com, 9 January 2017
- "BAKARY SORO (Défenseur à Arles Avignon en ligue française) : " Je suis prêt à défendre les couleurs du Burkina "" (in French). Le Faso. 9 September 2010. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- Alanyaspor'da 4 imza!, fanatik.com.tr, 15 January 2016
- Profile on MTNfootball.com at the Wayback Machine (archived 2007-03-10)
- Soro named in Ivory Coast squad
- Ya Konan and Soro having trials at Charlton at the Wayback Machine (archived 2008-01-12)
- Soro joins Germinal Beerschot
- Soro in loan deal from Charlton
- Soro at Sky Sport
- Soro at Oleole at the Wayback Machine (archived 2008-12-05)
- Soro at lfp.fr
- Soro at FC Lorient Official Website
- Feature article on Soro French
- Soro joins Lorient
- Soro at Football.co.uk
- Soro at CNN
- Bakary Soro at Soccerway
- Bakary Soro at Mackolick.com (in Turkish)
- Bakary Soro at FootballDatabase.eu