Baker Municipal Airport
|Baker Municipal Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KBHK – FAA LID: BHK|
|Owner||Baker City & Fallon County|
|Elevation AMSL||2,975 ft / 907 m|
Baker Municipal Airport (ICAO: KBHK, FAA LID: BHK) is a public-use airport located one nautical mile (1.15 mi, 1.85 km) southeast of the central business district of Baker, a city in Fallon County, Montana, United States. The airport is owned by Baker City and Fallon County. It is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this facility is assigned BHK by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned BHK to Bukhara Airport in Bukhara, Uzbekistan).
Facilities and aircraft
Baker Municipal Airport covers an area of 193 acres (78 ha) at an elevation of 2,975 feet (907 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 13/31 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,898 by 75 feet (1,493 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending September 1, 2010, the airport had 7,050 aircraft operations, an average of 19 per day: 95% general aviation, 4% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 23 aircraft based at this airport: 87% single-engine, 9% multi-engine and 4% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for BHK ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 30 June 2011.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015: Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 4 October 2010.
- "Baker Municipal Airport (FAA: BHK, ICAO: KBHK)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- "Bukhara Airport, Uzbekistan (IATA: BHK, ICAO: UTSB)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- Baker Air Service, the fixed base operator
- Aerial photo as of 22 August 1997 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for BHK, effective June 25, 2015
- Resources for this airport: