Baker Street (comics)
|Publication date||March 1989 - February 1991|
|No. of issues||10|
|Created by||Gary Reed|
|Written by||Gary Reed (1-5)|
|Honour Among Punks: The Complete Baker Street Graphic Novel||ISBN 1-59687-802-9|
The series consists of two story arcs "Honour Among Punks" written by Reed and Davis and "Children of the Night" written by Davis alone, who also provided the bulk of the art (with some early fill-in inking).
It features an alternative Sherlock Holmes world where the values and class system of Victorian era England carried over into a late 20th Century where World War II never occurred. The story mainly concerns a group of punks attempting to solve a series of murders reminiscent of the Jack the Ripper killings of the late 19th century.
Ten issues were published and collected in two trade paperbacks (one for each story arc) by Caliber:
- Honour Among Punks (collects Baker Street #1-5, 175 pages, 1993, ISBN 0-941613-42-9)
- Children of the Night (collects Baker Street #6-10, 178 pages, 1993, ISBN 0-941613-43-7)
and then as a single volume:
- Honour Among Punks (iBooks, 352 pages, 2003, paperback, ISBN 0-7434-5904-0, hardcover, ISBN 0-7434-7993-9)
- Honour Among Punks: The Complete Baker Street Graphic Novel (Milk and Cookies Press, paperback, 368 pages, 2008, ISBN 1-59687-802-9)
- 1990 Harvey Award Nominees and Winners, the Comic Book Awards Almanac