Bakers Creek, Queensland
|Population||770 (2006 census)|
|Location||8 km (5 mi) S of Mackay|
The main industry is a large meat processing plant operated by Thomas Borthwick & Sons (Aust) Pty Ltd.
In 1943, a USAAF aircraft crashed in the locality, killing 40 of the 41 people on board. The Bakers Creek air crash is Australia's worst aviation disaster by death toll. A memorial to the disaster was built in 1981 and is located in the grounds of the Bakers Creek Community Hall.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Bakers Creek (L) (Urban Centre/Locality)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 1 April 2011.
- "Bakers Creek (entry 46756)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "THE GAZETTE.". The Brisbane Courier. National Library of Australia. 23 March 1868. p. 4. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "D-F". Opening and closing dates of Queensland schools. Queensland Government. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "History". Dundula State School. Archived from the original on 20 March 2014.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Bakers Creek Air Crash Memorial". December 2003. Retrieved 2008-06-14.