|Founder||Roger and Lesley Gillespie|
|Headquarters||293 Camberwell Road, Camberwell, Melbourne, Australia|
|Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United States|
Bakers Delight is a large Australian owned bakery franchise chain with outlets in Australia, New Zealand and Canada. It was established in 1980 as a single bakery on Glenferrie Road in the Melbourne suburb of Hawthorn, Victoria. Bakers Delight has over 700 bakeries globally. Bakers Delight entered the Canadian market in 2003, trading as COBS Bread, and now has over 50 bakeries in 3 provinces.All of the United States bakeries were shut down[when?] after an attempt to enter the US market was unsuccessful; however, as of 2016, Cobs is beginning to franchise location in the United States.
Commitment to the Community
Bakers Delight has been supporting BCNA for more than 15 years and has raised $15 million so far. Since 2015 continuously each year in the month of June Bakers Delight present Pink Finger Bun Campaign across more than 600 Bakers Delight bakeries in Australia.
Partnership with The Chia Company
In 2010, Bakers Delight entered into an agreement with The Chia Company, resulting in the release of Chia Bread, a white bread with added Chia seeds. This agreement will see the production of chia in the Ord River Region (WA) double in 2010, with the industry on track to be worth $20 million in five years time.
Dispute with former franchisees
In 2005, Bakers Delight became involved in litigation against former franchisees in the case Illawarra Breads vs Bakers Delight Holdings. The court case involved allegations of unfair contracts, unconscionable conduct and misleading and deceptive conduct. As of September 2010 this court case is still being heard.
- Asa Wahlquist (17 April 2010). "The Rise and Fall of our daily bread". The Australian.
- Kate Kendall (30 July 2009). "Moments with Marketers: Chris Caldwell". Marketing Magazine. Archived from the original on 7 August 2009.
- Jeanne Lang Jones (12 January 2007). "Bakery chain to heat up market". Puget Sound Business Journal.
- About Us, COBS Bread
- "BCNA". Breast Cancer Network Australia. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- Bogle, Helena (29 January 2010). "Chia set for expansion under Ord Stage 2 Plan". Archived from the original on 6 July 2011.
- Illawarra Breads Pty Limited and ors v Baker's Delight Holdings Limited  NSWIRComm 260 (19 October 2007)
- "MP renews calls for investigations into mistreatment of Bakers Delight franchisee". Smart Company. 4 September 2008. Archived from the original on 11 April 2012.
- "Franchises". Today Tonight. Archived from the original on 20 March 2012.
- Rice, Denise. "Former bakers seek inquiry". Archived from the original on 26 February 2012.
- "WA franchise inquiry has kicked off". Smart Company. February 2008. Archived from the original on 29 February 2012.
- Walker, Jacqui (27 March 2007). "Bakers Delight under fire for "dishonest and possibly criminal conduct"". Smart Company. Archived from the original on 6 April 2012.
- Le Mesurier, Kristen (6 February 2008). "Franchisees call for code change". Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016.
- Bakers Delight Holdings Limited v Industrial Court of New South Wales  NSWCA 126 (2 June 2009)
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (22 April 2008). "ACCC does not consider Bakers Delight engaged in unconscionable conduct towards franchisees" (Press release). Australian Government. Archived from the original on 28 February 2012.
- Howarth, Brad (28 April 2009). "Tips to Guard your online reputation]". Smart Company. Archived from the original on 25 April 2012.
- "Bakers Delight cleared by ACCC of unconscionable conduct in its franchise". Middletons. 2008. Archived from the original on 22 July 2008.