Kazakh: Бақтықожа Салахиденұлы Ізмұхамбетов
Baqtıqoja Salaxïdenulı Izmuxambetov
Baktykozha Izmukhambetov in May 2016.
|Chairman of the Mazhilis of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan|
25 March 2016 – 22 June 2016
|Prime Minister||Karim Massimov|
|Preceded by||Kabibulla Dzhakupov|
|Succeeded by||Nurlan Nigmatulin|
|Akim of the Atyrau Region|
August 2012 – 26 March 2016
|Preceded by||Bergey Ryskaliyev|
|Succeeded by||Nurlan Nogayev|
|Akim of the West Kazakhstan Province|
August 2007 – January 2012
|Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources of Kazakhstan|
January 2006 – August 2007
1 September 1948 |
Kurmangazy District, Atyrau Province, Kazakhstan
|Political party||Nur Otan|
Baktykozha Salakhidenuly Izmukhambetov (Kazakh: Бақтықожа Салахиденұлы Ізмұхамбетов, born 1 September 1948) is a Kazakhstani politician. He served as Chairman of the Mazhilis of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan from March to June 2016.
From 1966–1971, Baktykozha Izmukhambetov studied at the Ufa Petroleum Institute. After graduating, he started as a driller with Embaneft association and later occupied a number of positions in Kazakh Exploration R&D Institute. From 1983–1987, Baktykozha Izmukhambetov was in mission in Yemen.
Between 1991–1993, Baktykozha Izmukhambetov held different posts at the Ministry of Geology and Subsurface Protection. After that, he served as the Director-General of Kazakhturkmunay and Kazmunaytengiz oil companies, and as a managing director of the national oil company KazMunayGas. Later, he served as the first vice minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, and from January 2006 until August 2007 as a minister of Energy and Mineral Resources.
During the 2012 general elections Izmukhambetov was elected to the Mazhilis, he was subsequently appointed Vice-Speaker. From 2012 to 2016 he served as Akim of the Atyrau Region, he succeeded Bergey Ryskaliyev in this position. He was himself succeeded by Nurlan Nogayev on 26 March 2016. On 25 March 2016 Izmukhambetov was sworn in as a Chairman of the Mazhilis and succeeded Kabibulla Dzhakupov. On 22 Izmukhambetov resigned as Chairman of the Mazhilis to become Chairman of the republican public association of veterans organization of the Central Council. He was succeeded as Chairman by Nurlan Nigmatulin.
Baktykozha Izmukhambetov is decorated with the Order of Kurmet (1999) and with the third class of the Order of Merit of Ukraine (2008).
- "Kazakhstan Prime Minister introduces new regional governor of West Kazakhstan". Kazinform. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- "Akim (Governor) of Western-Kazakhstan Oblast". Government of Kazakhstan. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- "ANALYSIS-Kazakhstan learns from Moscow in squeezing oil firms". Reuters. 2007-08-28. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- "Baktykozha Izmukhambetov appointed Governor of Atyrau oblast". Tengri News. 15 August 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "Baktykozha Izmukhambetov named as Majilis Speaker". Inform. 25 March 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "New governor of Atyrau region named". Inform. 26 March 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "Baktykozha Izmukhambetov becomes Kazakh Speaker of Parliament". Vestnik Kavkaza. 25 March 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "Baktikozha Izmukhambetov resigned from post as Chairman of Majilis". BNews. 22 June 2016. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Nurlan Nigmatulin elected Chairman of Majilis (Lower House) of the Kazakh Parliament". Turkpa. 22 June 2016. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
|This Kazakhstani biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|