New building of the Baku Funicular
Baku Funicular (Azerbaijani: Bakı funikulyoru) is a funicular system in Baku, Azerbaijan. It connects a square on Neftchilar Avenue and Martyrs' Lane. It is the first and remains the only funicular system in the country.
- Length of railway track is 455 meters (1,493 ft)
- It consists of a single-track part and a passing place.
- There are two stations; electric and rope drive.
- Two coaches – BF-1 and BF-2 are exploited.
- Its transportation capacity is 2000 per day.
- Maximal speed is 2.5 m/s (8.2 ft/s).
- Interval between departures of coaches is 10 minutes.
- Time of train service between stations is 4 minutes.
- Working time is from 10:00 to 22:00.
- Capacity of a coach is 28 people.
The funicular was constructed at initiative of Alish Lambaranski. It was opened in 1960. Tofig Ismayilov has been the director of the funicular since 2006. Funicular has 11 Personnel. In Soviet times, it used coaches made in Kharkiv.
Baku Funicular was repaired several times. It was closed in late 1980’s and reopened in 2001. Baku Funicular was capitally repaired in 2001 and 2007. In April 2011, it was again closed for the complete overhaul, and reopened on May 23, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Baku Funicular.|
- "Бакинский фуникулер - вчера, сегодня, завтра". Trend.
- "Бакинский фуникулер открылся (ФОТО, ВИДЕО)". anspress.com.
- "ПОСЛЕДНЯЯ ОСТАНОВКА БАКИНСКОГО ФУНИКУЛЕРА". vesti.az.
- "Обновленный бакинский фуникулер – ФОТО". day.az.
- "Бакинский фуникулер будет реконструирован - ФОТО". 1news.az. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04.
|This article about a building or structure in Azerbaijan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|