Baku Private Turkish High School
|Baku Private Turkish High School|
|F.Xoyski Avenue 109.
Narimanov raion, Baku
|Type||Private & boys-only|
|Grades||7 – 11|
|Enrollment||By an exam at 6th grade|
|Website||Çağ Öyrətim İşlətmələri A.O. (in Azerbaijani)[dead link]|
Baku Private Turkish High School (Azerbaijani: Bakı Özəl Türk Liseyi , also abbr. BÖTL), was a private, boys-only, secondary school in Baku, Azerbaijan. Established in 1992, it was considered one of elite schools in Azerbaijan which had competitive admissions, where only 6th grade students who passed the admissions test were accepted. Tuition fee varied yearly and was about USD$ $7000. Courses were taught in Azerbaijani, English, and Turkish. Achievements included more than 203 medals in international competitions and olympiads and 98% university acceptance rate. School's graduates have continued their studies at universities of more than 15 countries including USA, Canada, Turkey, Germany, England, and Japan. Baku Private Turkish High School was a chain in a network of similar high schools across Azerbaijan run by Çağ Öyrətim İşlətmələri A.O. which was owned by the Azerbaijani state-owned oil and natural gas corporation of SOCAR.
- Qafqaz University
- Baku Dede Gorgud Private Turkish High School
- Agdash Private Turkish High School
- Sumgait Private Turkish High School
- Lomsadze, Giorgi. "Azerbaijan Shuts Down Gülen-Schools". www.eurasianet.org. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- Fatullayev, Eynulla. В Азербайджане закрыли все школы Фетхуллаха Гюлена. haqqin.az (in Russian). Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- Hürriyet Daily News "Azerbaijan shuts down ‘Gülen-linked’ schools" 19 June 2014
- Official website of Çağ Öyrətim İşlətmələri A.O. which runs Baku Private Turkish High School(in Azerbaijani)
|This Azerbaijan school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|