Baku Stock Exchange
|Bakı Fond Birjası|
|Founded||February 15, 2000|
|Key people||Vugar Namazov (Acting Chairman of the Board)|
The Baku Stock Exchange (BSE) (Azerbaijani: Bakı Fond Birjası, BFB) is the main stock exchange in Azerbaijan. A member of the Federation of Euro-Asian Stock Exchanges (FEAS), BSE is organized in the form of a closed joint stock company with 20 shareholders. BSE trades short-term treasury bonds, common stocks (primarily from former state-owned enterprises that have been privatized, including food and beverage, construction and banking companies), and foreign currency futures.
BSE carries out trading corporate securities. Trading, on primary and secondary markets of government securities (T-bills of the Ministry of Finance of Azerbaijan and banknotes of the Central Bank of Azerbaijan) are carried out solely at BSE. The state regulatory authority for the stock exchange and the Azerbaijani securities market is the Financial Markets Supervisor Authority. Trading hours for all markets are during Monday through Friday between 10:40-16:30 (local time, UTC+4).
BSE's activity is regulated by the following legislative acts and documents:
- The Civil Code of Azerbaijan
- The normative-legal acts of the State Committee for Securities of Azerbaijan
- The internal rules of BSE
BSE began its operations on February 15, 2000 with the support of the State Committee for Securities of Azerbaijan. The first trading operation at the stock exchange was carried out on September 1, 2000. The current head of the stock exchange is Fariz Azizov since January 2014.
- State Committee for Securities of the Azerbaijan Republic
- List of stock exchanges
- List of European stock exchanges
- Sovereign-publications.com - Baku Stock Exchange Archived 2006-09-08 at the Wayback Machine.
- "STATE COMMITTEE FOR SECURITIES UNDER THE AUSPICES OF AZERBAIJAN REPUBLIC". Retrieved 2010-12-15.
- Official site (in Azerbaijani) (in English)
- Baku Stock Exchange - General Information
- FEAS profile
- Financial Markets Supervisor Authority
|This article about stock exchanges is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Azerbaijan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|