Balıkesir railway station
|TCDD Taşımacılık intercity rail station|
The station building in February 2003.
|Location||Cumhuriyet Meydanı, Gümüçşme Mah., 10040
|Owned by||Turkish State Railways|
|Operated by||TCDD Taşımacılık|
|Platforms||2 (1 side platform, 1 island platform|
25 kV AC, 60 Hz
Balıkesir station (Turkish: Balıkesir Garı) is the main railway station in Balıkesir, Turkey. The station was built in 1912 by the Smyrna Cassaba Railway as part of their railway from Manisa to Bandırma. TCDD Taşımacılık operates four daily intercity trains, two of which terminate at Balıkesir. The stations consists of one side platform and one island platform serving two tracks. A freight yard is adjacent to the platforms, but will be decommissioned and the station ground will be used solely for passenger trains.
- "İzmir Mavi". tcddseferleri.com (in Turkish). Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "6 Eylül Ekspresi". tcddseferleri.com (in Turkish). Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "Karesi Ekspresi". tcddseferleri.com (in Turkish). Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- Uysal, Onur (16 March 2015). "Balıkesir Gökköy lojistik merkezi bugün açılıyor". railturkey.org (in Turkish). Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- Balıkesir station information
- Balıkesir station timetable
- Balıkesir station building in Google Street View
|This article about a Turkish railway station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|