Location of Balışeyh within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Ali Dedelioğlu (MHP)|
|• District||676.82 km2 (261.32 sq mi)|
|Elevation||871 m (2,858 ft)|
|• District density||9.5/km2 (25/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Balışeyh is a town and district of Kırıkkale Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey. At the 2000 Turkish census, the population of the district was 13,702, of whom 3,344 lived in the town of Balışeyh. Balışeyh is a historical town and thought to be built in the time of Seljuks.
Beside Balışeyh's own municipality, there are two other Municipalities; Kulaksız and Koçubaba. 26 villages are administrated by these municipalities.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (in Turkish). Archived from the original (XLS) on 2007-07-22. Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- "Belediyeler" (in Turkish). Archived from the original on May 2, 2007. Retrieved 2008-03-25.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Balışeyh, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-16.
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
|This article about a Central Anatolia Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|