Balaji Institute of Telecom and Management Pune
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Private, unaided business school|
|Director||Dr. Rajan Shrikhande|
|Affiliations||AICTE, Ministry of Human Resource Development (India), Govt. of India|
Balaji Institute of Telecom and Management (BITM Pune) is an autonomous telecom business management school in Pune, India. BITM has an 'A++' Grade from the AICTE. The management institute is run by the Sri Balaji Society, Pune.
Balaji Institute of Telecom and Management (BITM), formerly known as ICTM is run by renowned Sri Balaji Society (SBS), Pune. The Founder and President of SBS, well known educationist, Dr. (Col) A. Balasubramanian is also the Dean of the Institute.
BITM was started in the year 2002 with a focus on the dynamic needs of the industry in general and the Telecom Industry in particular in an ever-changing business environment which is driven by powerful forces of technological innovation, intense competition and globalization. Quality education, rigorous training and the placements have helped this technology driven business school getting recognition in Management Education. It has been ranked among the Top 3 Telecom B-schools in India by 'Outlook ‘(dated 27 September 2004), 3rd Ranked Top B-Schools in Pune (Times of India B-School Survey, February 2017) and amongst the Top 50 Private B-School in India for Placements by Outlook, Oct. 2017
BITM trains the student managers to become 'enablers' in tomorrow's world. It strives to transform individuals into dynamic, well-groomed and well-trained corporate citizens. The Institute is offering career-oriented Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in Telecom, Telecom & Marketing and Marketing & Finance. The students are compatible and enabled to join all the sectors of the industry and also to cater to the niche segments of Telecom Industry. It should be noted that BITM is providing managerial resources not only to telecom industry but also to varied industries for their Marketing, Operations, Systems, Data Analytics and Finance requirements. We prefer that the students of Telecom specialization should get Telecom related placements so that the full advantage of engineering is derived in the long run. As India is currently the 2nd largest telecommunication market and has the 3rd highest number of internet users in the world. The Indian mobile economy is growing rapidly and will contribute substantially to India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP), according to report prepared by GSM Association (GSMA) in collaboration with the Boston Consulting Group (BCG). The country is the fourth largest app economy in the world.
OTHER CREDENTIALS OF BITM:
1. 3rd Ranked Top B-Schools in Pune (Times of India B-School Survey, February 2017) 2. 5th B-School in Pune for Selection Process by Business Today, Oct, 2017 3. 7th B-School in Pune for Living Experience by Business Today, Oct, 2017 4. 8th B-School in Pune for Placements by Outlook, SEPT. 2017  5. Ranked amongst the Top 5 B-Schools of Excellence in Pune by CSR, Nov. 2017 6. Ranked amongst the Top 10 B-School in Pune by Business Today, Oct, 2017 7. Ranked amongst the Top 10 B-School in Pune for Placement Performance by Business Today, Oct, 2017 8. 18th Ranked amongst Top Private B-Schools in India (Times of India B-School Survey, February, 2017) 9. Ranked amongst the Top 20 Private B-Schools in Maharashtra by CSR, Nov. 2017 10. Ranked amongst the Top 30 Non-Government B-School in West Zone by THE WEEK-Hansa Research Survey, Nov, 2017 11. Ranked amongst the Top 30 Private B-School for Selection Process by Business Today, Oct, 2017 12. Ranked amongst the Top 50 Private B-School for Living Experience by Business Today, Oct, 2017 13. Ranked amongst the Top 50 Private B-School for Selection Process by Business Today, Oct, 2017 14. Ranked amongst the Top 50 Private B-School in India by Outlook, Oct. 2017 15. Ranked amongst the Top 50 Private B-School in India for Placements by Outlook, Oct. 2017 16. Ranked 46th Top B-School in India. (Source: Times & Nielsen Survey, Times Top B School Survey, 31 March 2014. Times of India) 17. Ranked amongst the Top 50 Private B-Schools in the country (Source: The Week-Hansa Research Best College Survey 2013) 18. Ranked amongst the Top 50 B-Schools in India (Source: Business Today A C Neilsons, 2012) 19. Ranked amongst the top 50 Private B-schools in India (Source: MBA Universe B-School Ranking 2013-14) 20. One amongst the Top 3 B-Schools in Telecom Management in India (Source: Outlook September 2004) 21. Awarded Best Academic & Industry Interface Education Institute at the World Education Congress 2012, Mumbai. 22. Asia's Best B- School Award 2011, Singapore, has awarded BITM as Best Emerging B-School in South East Asia 23. Asia's Best B-School Awards 2011, Singapore has awarded BITM as 'Business School with best industry interface'
• Balaji Institute of Telecom & Management, popularly known as BITM, is a Technology Driven Business School of Sri Balaji Society.
• Sri Balaji Society, Pune, Spread across 16.5 acres has been imparting Management Education since 1999 with 15000+ Alumni Network spread around the globe • Being one of the first few Telecom Management institutes in India it has achieved many milestones since 2002 in the field of developing techno managers.
• All the PGDM programs of BITM are AICTE approved.
• The specializations offered are Telecom, Systems, Business Analytics, Operations & Supply Chain Management, Finance and Marketing.
• Therefore, placements for these students happen in all the verticals including Telecom. Telecom vertical covers range of organisations like IT & consulting companies, Service Providers, App and Gaming, Research & Consulting, Active & Passive Infrastructure, BFSI and much more. Hence, there is something of interest for every budding techno-manager.
• The students of BITM get placed in various profiles like Consultant, Business Analyst, Business Development Manager, Management Trainee, Project Manager, Product Manager, Territory Sales Manager, Pres Sales Consultant, Domain Specialists etc.
• 250+ companies from all verticals visit the Sri Balaji Society’s campus for placement every year.
The combined campus of Sri Balaji Society, Pune is spread over a 14.5-acre (59,000 m2) area overlooking the city of Pune. The BITM campus is on Mumbai-Bangalore Pass Highway. Apart from the state-of-the-art classrooms and conference halls, the campus has facilities which include:
- A Central Library which has over 100,000 books, reports, journals, periodicals, CDs and video cassettes.
- Separate in-campus hostels for boys and girls with all the necessary amenities.
- An auditorium which is used to host national and international events.
- A health care centre, which has an on-call doctor.
- A multi-cuisine canteen and mess which offer plenty of options in dining.
- A recreational centre, gymnasium and swimming pool.
PGDM Programmes offered
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in Telecom: Two-year full-time
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in Telecom and Marketing: Two-year full-time
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in Marketing & Finance: Two-year full-time
- "India's best B-schools 2017: Full List". Business Today. 22 October 2017. Retrieved 23 July 2018.