This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1 January 1964|
Balaji Sakthivel began as an assistant director of popular director S. Shankar. In 2002, he directed his first film, Samurai for Vikram – however despite receiving positive reviews, did not make it big at the box-office. After a two-year break, he released Kaadhal under the S Pictures banner, the production house of Shankar. The film starring relatively new actors, Bharath and Sandhya made it big at the box-office and earned the stars and the director instant recognition. His Vazhakku Enn 18/9 won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Tamil.
Balaji Sakthivel is married to Dr. L.R.S. Kalanithi, who is an Associate Professor of English and Vice-principal (Students' Affairs) of Guru Nanak College (Autonomous), Chennai. They have two children, a daughter (B.K.Koushi Mahalakshmi) born in 2004 and a son (B.K.Vidhyadharan) born in 2007. Their native is Dindigul. They were residing in Virugambakkam, Chennai. But have recently moved to a nearby neighbourhood Ramapuram, Chennai.
|2007||Kalloori||N||Tamil||Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Dialogue Writer|
|2012||Vazhakku Enn 18/9||N||Tamil||National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Tamil|
Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Film
Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Director
Filmfare Award for Best Director – Tamil
Vijay Award for Best Director
|TBA||Ra Ra Rajasekhar||N||Tamil||Delayed|
- "Balaji Sakthivel". TANTIS. Archived from the original on 2 March 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "Director Balaji Sakthivel". 600024. Archived from the original on 18 May 2011. Retrieved 18 May 2011.
- Aruna V. Iyer (26 June 2012). "Cities / Tiruchirapalli : Director engages in a critical appreciation session of his latest release". The Hindu. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Balaji Sakthivel's next is Yaar Ivargal". Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Update on Balaji Sakthivel's Ra Ra Rajasekhar". Behindwoods. 28 March 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2020.