From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Balamban, Cebu)
|Municipality of Balamban|
|Nickname(s): Ship building capital of the Philippines|
Map of Cebu Province with Balamban highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||3rd district of Cebu|
|Barangay||28 (see § Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Ace Binghay (1‑CEBU)|
|• Vice mayor||Rosario Binghay|
|• Town Council|
|• Total||333.56 km2 (128.79 sq mi)|
|Population (2010 census)|
|• Density||210/km2 (550/sq mi)|
|• Voters (2013)||42,541|
|Time zone||PHT (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)32|
|Income class||1st class|
Balamban is a first income class municipality in the province of Cebu Province, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 71,237. In the last election, it had 42,541 registered voters.
Balamban comprises 28 barangays:
- Baliwagan (Poblacion)
- Magsaysay (Sunog)
- Pilit, Nangka Mahor
- Santa Cruz-Santo Niño (Poblacion)
|Population census of Balamban|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Province: Cebu". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "2013 National and Local Elections Statistics". Commission on Elections. 2013.
- "Population and Annual Growth Rates by Province, City and Municipality: Central Visayas: 1995, 2000 and 2007" (PDF). National Statistics Office. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 June 2011.
|This article about a location in Central Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|