Balangiga, Eastern Samar
Map of Eastern Samar with Balangiga highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Congr. district||Lone district of E. Samar|
|• Mayor||Viscuso S. de Lira|
|• Total||190.05 km2 (73.38 sq mi)|
|• Density||67/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Balangiga is located on the southern coast of the island of Samar facing Leyte Gulf, and sits at the mouth of the Balangiga River. To the west lies the municipality of Lawaan, to the north is Llorente, and to the east are the municipalities of Quinapondan and Giporlos.
- Poblacion I
- Poblacion II
- Poblacion III
- Poblacion IV
- Poblacion V
- Poblacion VI
- San Miguel
- Sta. Rosa
Balangiga has 9 public elementary schools, namely:
- Balangiga Central Elementary School
- Bacjao Elementary School
- Bangon Elementary School
- Cag-olango Elementary School
- Cansumangkay Elementary School
- Guinmaayohan Elementary School
- Maybunga Elementary School
- San Miguel Elementary School
- Santa Rosa Elementary School
Has 1 public secondary school:
- Southern Samar National Comprehensive High School
Has 1 private secondary school:
- MSH Sisters Academy Balangiga
The municipalities of Lawaan, Giporlos, and Quinapondan were former barangays of the municipality of Balangiga.
Balangiga can be reached through public utility vans and buses from Tacloban City. Pedicabs, tricycles, and habal-habal by the means of inner town transportation.
|Population census of Balangiga|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Province: Eastern Samar". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Province of Eastern Samar". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a Philippine location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|