Balangkayan, Eastern Samar
Map of Northern Samar with Balangkayan highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|District||Lone district of E. Samar|
|• Mayor||Allan C. Contado|
|• Total||207.05 km2 (79.94 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||49/km2 (130/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)55|
- General Malvar
- Poblacion I
- Poblacion II
- Poblacion III
- Poblacion IV
- Poblacion V
|Population census of Balangkayan|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Balangkayan, Eastern Samar, was 10,125 people, with a density of 49 inhabitants per square kilometre or 130 inhabitants per square mile.
The Minasangay Island Marine Ecological Park and Resort known for its cliff diving, scuba diving, mangroves and coral reefs is a popular gateway for the locals of the province.
Balangkayan has many elementary schools and a lone high school.
- Balangkayan Central Elementary School
- Balogo Elementary School
- Cabay Elementary School
- Caisawan Elementary School
- Guinpoliran Elementary School
- Maramag Elementary School
- Talisay Elementary School
- Balangkayan National High School
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "Province: Eastern Samar". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Eastern Samar". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|Adjacent places of Balangkayan, Eastern Samar|
|Basey, Samar||Philippine Sea|