Balangkayan is a fifth class municipality in the province of Eastern Samar, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 9,046 people.
Balangkayan is politically subdivided into 15 barangays.
- General Malvar
- Poblacion I
- Poblacion II
- Poblacion III
- Poblacion IV
- Poblacion V
|Population census of Balangkayan
|Source: National Statistics Office
The Minasangay Island Marine Ecological Park and Resort known for its cliff diving, scuba diving, mangroves and coral reefs is a popular gateway for the locals of the province.
Balangkayan has many elementary schools and a lone high school.
- Balangkayan Central Elementary School
- Balogo Elementary School
- Cabay Elementary School
- Caisawan Elementary School
- Guinpoliran Elementary School
- Maramag Elementary School
- Talisay Elementary School
- Balangkayan National High School