Map of Iloilo with Balasan highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|Legislative district||5th district of Iloilo|
|• Mayor||Filomeno V. Ganzon|
|• Total||54.27 km2 (20.95 sq mi)|
|• Density||550/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Balasan is a fourth class municipality in the province of Iloilo, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 29,724 people. It is known for its bibingka and is 129 kilometres (80 mi) from the provincial capital, Iloilo City, and 58 kilometres (36 mi) from Roxas City.
- Mamhut Norte
- Mamhut Sur
- Poblacion Norte
- Poblacion Sur
|Population census of Balasan|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "Province: Iloilo". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "An act to transfer a certain barrio from the territorial jurisdiction of the municipality of Batad, province of Iloilo to the municipality of Balasan, same province". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Balasan, Iloilo.|
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Western Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|