Bald Archy Prize
The Bald Archy is an Australian art prize, a parody of the Archibald Prize, an important portraiture award. It usually includes cartoons or humorous works making fun of Australian celebrities. It is judged by Maude, a cockatoo. It began in 1994 at the Coolac Festival of Fun, in the tiny town of Coolac near Gundagai, New South Wales but is now a popular event presented in Sydney, Melbourne and other locations.
Since 2005 the home of this art competition and its accompanying exhibition is the Museum of the Riverina, Wagga Wagga. However, in 2008, the prize was announced during the Canberra portion of the national tour.
List of winners
Year - Artist - Title (Subject)
- 1997 - Vincent de Gouw - John Howard Washes His Hands Of Pauline Hanson (Apologies To Manet) (John Howard, Pauline Hanson)
- 2000 - Dave Ross - Yes Possums! It's Australia's First Lady and Patron Of The Bald Archys (Dame Edna Everage)
- 2008 - James Brennan - The Official Portrait of the Danish Royal Family (Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Christian and Princess Isabella of Denmark) 
- 2011 - Xavier Ghazi - Bad Ass-Ange (Julian Assange)
- 2012 - Allie Campbell - A Fitting Frame 1 and 2 (Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott)
- 2013 - Warren Lane - The Banquet of Gina and Ginia (Gina Rinehart and her daughter Ginia) 
- 2014 - Judy Nadin - Wrecking Balls Ashes to Ashes (Mitchell Johnson)
- http://www.BaldArchie.com.au, Official Web Site
- Irreverent portrait of Danish royals wins Australian art prize, BruneiDirect.com AFP, 11 March 2008 (+ accessed)
- Cummings portrait wins satirical Bald Archy, ABC Online, 9 March 2008
- "Toilet take on pollies wins Bald Archy". ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). 12 April 2012. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- Rinehart portrait wins Bald Archy - Australian Broadcasting Corporation - Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- Herrick, Robert (31 January 2014). "Bald Archy Prize: Miley Cyrus-influenced portrait of wrecking ball Mitchell Johnson takes out top gong". ABC News. Retrieved 3 February 2014.