Bald Archy Prize
The Bald Archy is an Australian art prize, a parody of the Archibald Prize, an important portraiture award. It usually includes cartoons or humorous works making fun of Australian celebrities. It is judged by Maude, a cockatoo. It began in 1994 at the Coolac Festival of Fun, in the tiny town of Coolac near Gundagai, New South Wales but is now a popular event presented in Sydney, Melbourne and other locations.
Since 2005 the home of this art competition and its accompanying exhibition is the Museum of the Riverina, Wagga Wagga. However, in 2008, the prize was announced during the Canberra portion of the national tour.
List of winners
Year - Artist - Title (Subject)
- 1994 - Rocco Fazzari - Yuk! Mr Edmund Capon (Edmund Capon)
- 1995 - Alan McClure - Kerry's Goal (Kerry Packer)
- 1996 - Rocco Fazzari - Warhead (Jeff Kennett)
- 1997 - Vincent de Gouw - John Howard Washes His Hands Of Pauline Hanson (Apologies To Manet) (John Howard, Pauline Hanson)
- 1998 - Peter Wilkinson - Shane Warne: What Me Worry? (Shane Warne)
- 1999 - Eric Lobbecke - Cyclops - Government's One-eyed Nemesis (Brian Harradine)
- 2000 - Dave Ross - Yes Possums! It's Australia's First Lady and Patron Of The Bald Archys (Dame Edna Everage)
- 2001 - Eric Lobbecke - The Skase Chaser (Amanda Vanstone)
- 2002 - Xavier Ghazi - Mutant (Ian Thorpe)
- 2003 - Louise Klein - What Odds? (Robbie and Gai Waterhouse)
- 2004 - Xavier Ghazi - I'll Eat You In The End (Rupert Murdoch)
- 2005 - Tony Sowersby - The Cardinal With His Abbott (Cardinal George Pell and Tony Abbott)
- 2006 - Matt Adams - Brown-Stain Janus-Faced (John Olsen)
- 2007 - Xavier Ghazi - There's Nothing Like Barry (Dame Edna Everage/Barry Humphries)
- 2008 - James Brennan - The Official Portrait of the Danish Royal Family (Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Christian and Princess Isabella of Denmark) 
- 2009 - James Brennan - Old Owl Eyes is Back (Bart Cummings) 
- 2010 - Judy Nadin - Patti's Cake (Bert Newton)
- 2011 - Xavier Ghazi - Bad Ass-Ange (Julian Assange)
- 2012 - Allie Campbell - A Fitting Frame 1 and 2 (Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott)
- 2013 - Warren Lane - The Banquet of Gina and Ginia (Gina Rinehart and her daughter Ginia) 
- 2014 - Judy Nadin - Wrecking Balls Ashes to Ashes (Mitchell Johnson)
- 2015 - Xavier Ghazi - Archibald and the Bald Archy, a Photo Bomb (J. F. Archibald)
- 2016 - Pat Hudson - Nothing to Say (Cardinal George Pell)
- http://www.BaldArchie.com.au, Official Web Site
- Irreverent portrait of Danish royals wins Australian art prize, BruneiDirect.com AFP, 11 March 2008 (+ accessed)
- Cummings portrait wins satirical Bald Archy, ABC Online, 9 March 2008
- "Toilet take on pollies wins Bald Archy". ABC News. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 12 April 2012. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- Rinehart portrait wins Bald Archy - Australian Broadcasting Corporation - Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- Herrick, Robert (31 January 2014). "Bald Archy Prize: Miley Cyrus-influenced portrait of wrecking ball Mitchell Johnson takes out top gong". ABC News. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Winners | Bald Archy Prize". www.baldarchy.com.au. Retrieved 2016-02-19.
- Rice, Deborah (22 July 2016). "Controversial Cardinal George Pell portrait wins irreverent 2016 Bald Archy Prize". ABC News Australia. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 22 July 2016.