Baldock railway station
From the road
|Local authority||District of North Hertfordshire|
|Managed by||Great Northern|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Key dates||Opened 21 October 1850|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Baldock from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
Opened by the Royston and Hitchin Railway, then run by the Great Northern Railway, it became part of the London and North Eastern Railway during the grouping of 1923. The station then passed on to the Eastern Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948.
The station is part of the Thameslink extension project which will connect Cambridge to Farringdon, City Thameslink and Blackfriars station via the Great Northern Route. This project is projected to go live sometime in late 2018.
Daily (including Sundays) there are two trains per hour southbound towards London King's Cross and two per hour northbound towards Cambridge. One of these is a semi-fast service calling at principle stations only, whilst the other serves outer-suburban stations on the main line and all stations north of Hitchin. Weekday peak variations see some trains originating/terminating at Royston and through trains to Ely & Kings Lynn.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Letchworth Garden City||Great Northern
Great Northern semi-fast
Great Northern stopping
|Ashwell and Morden|
- Table 25 National Rail timetable, May 2016
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 0-9068-9999-0. OCLC 228266687.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0086-1. OCLC 22311137.
- Station on navigable O.S. map
|This article about a railway station in the East of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|