Balekudru Shrimatha is the Gurupeetha for the people who follow Advaitha philosophy. Originally this peeta was under the administrative control of Sthanika brahmins uptill 16'th A.D.Even the Pontiff's for the ashrama was selected from this group of brahmins. But now this peeta is under complete control of smartha shivalli brahmins.This peetha is now upamata of Shringeri Shaaradha Peetha. The ashrama is headed now by Shri Shri Narasimhashrama Swamiji.
Baalekudru Sreematha follows the Advaitha Parampara of Shri Adi Shankaracharya, the uplifter of Sanaatana Dharma. This is the only Advaitha Peeta in entire Dakshina Kannada and Udupi districts. This Shri Matha has hundreds of years of history and is stated to be founded by Kaivalyashrama Swamy. This is the ‘Sannidhi’ of Lord Lakshminarasimha, Goddess Sharadamba, Sangameshwara, Heramba Ganapathi and Varadaanjaneya. This is situated in a place by name ‘Hangaarakatte’ located in between the National Highway of Udupi-Kundapur which is near the confluence of ‘Sita’ and ‘Swarna’ rivers. The beautiful idol of the God Shri Lakshminarasimha is stated to be brought from Badari Kshetra by Kaivalyashrama Swamy. There are several branches of this Matha in Karnataka and also a branch in Gujarat.
- Antiquities of South Kanara (1969), Prabhakara Press.P. Gururaja Bhatt, Antiquities of South Kanara, Prabhakara Press, 1969, 31 pages.
- Saletore, B.A., Ancient Karnataka History of Tuluva, vol. I, 1936.
- Official website
- Balekudru Shreematha on Google+
- Shivalli Smartha Brahmins
- Shri Nrasimhashrama Swamiji takes over as seer of Balekudru Math
- Shri Nrasimhashrama Swamiji participated in the Jayanthi Mahotsavam & Amritotsavam at Kanchi - Ati Rudra & Sahasrachandi Mahayaga from 30 May to 9 June 2010 at Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam
- Nrasimashrama Swamiji participated in Vishwagou Sammelana organized by Shri Raghaveshwara Bharathi Swamiji of Ramachandrapura Matha
- Nrasimashrama Swamiji participating in Anti Cow slaughter movement with Shri Shri Viswesha Theertha Swamiji of Pejavara Matha