|Municipality of Baleno|
Map of Masbate with Baleno highlighted
|Region||Bicol Region (Region V)|
|Barangays||24 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Romeo C.dela Rosa|
|• Electorate||17,283 voters (2016)|
|• Total||204.38 km2 (78.91 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||130/km2 (330/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)56|
|Climate type||Tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||84,043,622.24 (2016)|
- Eastern Capsay
- Lahong Proper
- Lahong Interior
- Ubongon Diot
|Population census of Baleno|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Baleno, Masbate, was 26,096 people, with a density of 130 inhabitants per square kilometre or 340 inhabitants per square mile.
Points of Activity
The Municipality of Baleno is a median town for provincial buses coming from Metro Manila and Bicol Region to various towns beyond Baleno, including Aroroy, Balud and Mandaon. Some of the notable bus liners that bypass the town are Isarog Bus Liners and Raymond Transportation.
Brgy. Poblacion in Baleno is the seat of the Municipal Government, and includes a town plaza named Plaza Valdemoro. Its parochial church is heavily devoted to the Our Lady of Pillar a notable Christian figure in the Nueva Caceres (Archdiocese of Naga). The Municipality of Baleno has 1 catholic school Liceo de Baleno under the roof of diocese of masbate and has several national-established high schools, namely Baleno National High School (Brgy. Poblacion), Lagta National High School (Brgy. Lagta), Lahong National High School (Brgy. Lahong Proper), Magdalena National High School (Brgy. Magdalena), and Amador-Bello High School (Brgy. Gangao).
Aside from the prominence of Roman Catholicism in the locality and traces of sects and Christian groups such as Iglesia ni Kristo and Jehovah Witness, the municipality is the seat of the Congregation of Our Lady of Rocks Pilgrimage Church (Ina Poon Bato Simbahang Naglalakbay), considered as a Filipino Marian Catholic Church, wherein it holds to the belief of Mother Mary as the Third Person of the Holy Trinity. It is currently being handled by Sta. Ma. Merly Amor as the Foundress and Matriarch of the Church, and Most. Rev. Ernesto Ignacio Maurice S. Nalzaro as the Patriarch and Protector of the Church.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Masbate". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Masbate". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Official website of the municipality of Baleno.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Bicol Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|