This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Coastline||0 kilometres (0 mi)|
Balewadi is a part of the city of Pune in India. It is located in the western part of the city, and is famous for the Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex. This complex has hosted both the National Games in 1994 and the 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games. The complex is also hosting second edition of Khelo India Youth Games, that were kicked off on 9 January 2019.
Balewadi was a village at the edge of the city of Pune until 1997, when it was integrated into the limits of the Pune Municipal Corporation along with 22 other villages in various parts of the city.
Balewadi, along with neighbouring areas of Aundh and Baner are planned for development as part of the broader Smart Cities Mission initiated by the Government of India in 2015. The selected area will be developed as a model to be replicated in other parts of the city. 
Balewadi is linked to Pune Municipal Corporation, Pune Cantonment, Chinchwad and Alandi by Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited (PMPML) buses. The Katraj - Dehu Road corridor passes through Balewadi. Balewadi is connected to Pune via Baner Road. There are PMPML buses going to Hinjewadi via Balewadi.
There are several educational institutions located around Balewadi. Some of these are:
- National Institute of Construction Management and Research (NICMAR)
- National Insurance Academy (NIA)
- MITCON institute of Management
- G. S. Moze College of Engineering
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Primary and Secondary School
- CM international school School Website
- MTB secondary and higher secondary school
- VIBGYOR High School
When the Elite Football League of India was introduced in August 2011, Pune was noted as one of eight cities to be awarded a team for the inaugural season, although the team's games will be played in Balewadi. 
Nearest Hospitals include:
- Aditya Birla Hospital
- Medipoint Hospital
- Jupiter Hospital
A recent attraction in this location is the High Street Area, which has many upscale restaurants and pubs setting up here, which has seen influx of party goers.
- Srinivasan, Kamesh (9 January 2019). "Khelo India Youth Games off to a colourful start". The Hindu. Retrieved 9 January 2019.
- "ICSE & CBSE School in Balewadi, Pune - VIBGYOR High". www.vibgyorhigh.com. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)