|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Baliganur (Tamil: பாலிகனூர், Kannada: ಬಾಲಿಗಾನೂರ್, Telugu: బాలిగానూర్) is a village in the Krishnagiri taluk of Krishnagiri District, Tamil Nadu, India. Baliganur is 20 km far from the district headquarters Krishnagiri . It is 231 km far from the state capital Chennai.
Baliganur it a name derived from balika which means young girl. The village referred to as Gangakulam (Tamil: கங்காகுலம்) meaning contains of its people of the same origin on the account of thanksgiving for its motherland.
In the modern age people can recognise as the Black Hill Village (Karimalai), after a hill located right in front of the village. It is surrounded by minor forest on one quarter.
Agriculture in Baliganur
The important crops of Baliganur Village are rice, ragi, banana, tomato, coconut, mango, groundnut, vegetables and flowers. The village has an excellent scope for agri business.
The bull-baiting sport known as Jallikattu is practiced in Baliganur during the annual Thai Pongal festival, using highly trained bulls and malai madus.
The nearest towns are:
The nearest villages are Bellampalli, Ennekol Pudur, Chikkapoovathi, Alappatti, and Madepatti.
- Nalanda Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- R C Fathima Boys High School
- SVC Matriculation School
- Municipal Higher Secondary School
- Government Boys Higher Secondary School
- Government Arts College
- Government Arts and Science College for Women
- A.E.S. Teacher Training Education Institute
- Arignar Anna College
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank, Ltd., Krishnagiri
- Union Bank of India, Krishnagiri
- Indian Bank, Royakottah
- State Bank of India, Krishnagiri town