Statue of Lord Balaji in Sri Venkateswar Swamy temple, Balijipeta
|• Sarpanch||Tayaru Velidi|
|Elevation||76 m (249 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Baliji-peta or Baligi-peta is a village in Vizianagaram district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. According to some historians, most of the people of Original Balija caste have migrated from this village.
Balijipeta mandal has a population of 62,787 in 2001. Males consists of 31,216 and females 31,571 of the population. The average literacy rate is 48% below the national average of 59.5%. Male literacy rate is 59% and that of females 33%.
Balijipeta was a Legislative Assembly Constituency of Andhra Pradesh in 1955 and 1962. It was later merged with Vunukuru Constituency. Later has been considered in Parvathipuram Constituency.
- List of Elected Members:
- 1955 - Peddinti Ramaswamy Naidu.
- 1962 - Vasireddy Krishna Murthy Naidu.
- "Mandal wise list of villages in Vizianagaram district" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. National Informatics Centre. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 December 2014. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Kapunadu History". Archived from the original on 10 March 2007. Retrieved 28 February 2007.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Balijipeta
- Election Commission of India-1955 results
- Election Commission of India-1962 results