4 August 1972
|Occupation||Ayurvedacharya, Businessman|
|Known for||98.6% owner of Patanjali Ayurved|
|Net worth||US $1.4 billion (December 2019)|
|Title||MD/CEO, Patanjali Ayurved|
Balkrishna (born Balkrishna Subedi; 4 August 1972) is an Indian billionaire, and the owner and chairman of the consumer goods company Patanjali Ayurved. He was reported by Forbes to have a net worth of US$1.4 billion as of December 2019.
In 1995, Balkrishna and Ramdev founded Divya Yoga Pharmacy in Haridwar, and in 2006, they founded Patanjali Ayurved, an FMCG company involved in the manufacturing and trading of FMCG, herbal, and ayurvedic products. Followers of Ramdev, NRIs Sunita and Sarwan Poddar, helped kick-start the business with a loan. According to Balkrishna, he had taken out a ₹50–60 crore loan at a time when he had never held a personal bank account in his name. In 2012, the company posted a turnover of ₹450 crore (US$63 million) which by 2015–2016 had risen to ₹5,000 crore (US$700 million).
While Ramdev does not hold a stake in Patanjali Ayurved, he is the face of the firm and endorses its products to his followers across his yoga camps and television programmes. Balkrishna owns 98.6% of the company and serves as its managing director.[better source needed] He is a close aide of Ramdev.
- "Nepal followers celebrate Ramdev Aid Acharya Balkrishna's birthday with pomp". Daijiword.com. 4 August 2011. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Forbes profile: Acharya Balkrishna". Forbes. Retrieved 4 December 2019.
- Priyanka Pathak-Narain (2017). Godman to Tycoon: The Untold Story of Baba Ramdev. Juggernaut Books. pp. 25–. ISBN 978-93-86228-38-3.
- "A Billionaire With Fake Degrees And Passport - This Is Patanjali's CEO Acharya Balkrishna". indiatimes.com. Archived from the original on 17 March 2018. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Billionaire Baba: What makes Patanjali's Acharya Balkrishna one of India's richest". 26 September 2017. Retrieved 16 March 2018 – via The Economic Times.
- "How Acharya Balkrishna built a multi-crore company - Billionaire Baba". The Economic Times. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Billionaire Baba: What makes Patanjali's Acharya Balkrishna one of India's richest". 26 September 2017. Retrieved 17 March 2018 – via The Economic Times.
- "Ramdev turns his Ayurved enterprise into an FMCG empire". Business Standard. 1 July 2015. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- "The man who owns 94% of Patanjali Ayurved". The Times of India.
- Singh, Kanishka (14 September 2016). "How our craze for Patanjali made Ramdev aide Acharya Balkrishna one of the wealthiest Indians". Indian Express. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- "Should Patanjali's Dizzying Growth Worry the Competition?". The Wire. 19 September 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Ramdev's close aide and Patanjali CEO Acharya Balakrishna now worth Rs 25,600 crore". DNA. 14 September 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|