This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||4 August 1972|
Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India
|Occupation||Ayurvedacharya, businessman|
|Known for||99.6% owner of Patanjali Ayurved|
|Net worth||US$2.2 billion (Oct 2020)|
|Title||MD/CEO, Patanjali Ayurved|
Balkrishna (Known as Acharya Balkrishna 4 August 1972) is an Indian billionaire, businessman and chairman of the consumer goods company Patanjali Ayurved. He was reported by Forbes to have a net worth of US$2.22 billion as of October 2020.
In 1995, Balkrishna and Ramdev founded Divya Yoga Mandir Trust in Haridwar, and in 2006, they founded Patanjali Ayurved, a fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company involved in the manufacturing and trading of FMCG, herbal, and ayurvedic products. Followers of Ramdev, NRIs Sunita and Sarwan Poddar, helped kick-start the business with a loan. According to Balkrishna, he had taken out a ₹50–600 million loan at a time when he had never held a personal bank account in his name. In 2012, the company posted a turnover of ₹4.5 billion (US$63 million) which by 2015–2016 had risen to ₹50 billion (US$700 million). Patanjali Ayurved's revenue from operations increased marginally to Rs 9,022.71 crore in the year up to 31 March 2020, Revenue stood at about Rs 8,522.68 crore in FY19.
While Ramdev does not hold a stake in Patanjali Ayurved, he is the face of the firm and endorses its products to his followers across his yoga camps and television programmes. Balkrishna owns 98.6% of the company and serves as its managing director.[better source needed] He is a close aide of Ramdev. Acharya Balkrishna listed in India's 50 most influential personalities 2020. He was reported India's third-youngest billionaire by Forbes India Rich List 2020.
- General Secretary, Divya Yog Mandir (Trust).
- General Secretary, Patanjali Yogpeeth (Trust).
- managing director, Patanjali Ayurved Limited.
- Vice Chancellor, Patanjali University
- General Secretary, Patanjali Gramodhyog Trust 
- Chief Editor, Yog Sandesh
- General Secretary, Patanjali Research Foundation
- Balkrishna was awarded the Champions of Change award in 2019, for his work in the field of Ayurved.
- Acharya Balkrishna was awarded the "UNSDG 10 Most Influential People in Healthcare Award", for his work in Healthcare sector.
- Acharya Balkrishna received "Best Wellness Impact Global award" from the CFI.co.
- Acharya Balkrishna honoured with "Bheeshma Puraskar" by Sant shree Gyaneshwar Gurukul, Pune.
- Acharya Balkrishna was awarded with AIMA Managing India Award 2018 for the "Transformational Business Leader of the Year" by Central Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore.
- Acharya Balkrishna was awarded with "Shalin Manav Ratna Award- 2018" By Anoopam Mission for his contribution towards social welfare and Ayurveda.
- Acharya Balkrishna honoured with "Degree of Doctor of letter (Yoga) (Honoris Causa)" by S-Vyasa Deemed University Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana for outstanding work done in the field of Yoga and Ayurveda.
- Acharya honoured with "Geeta Ratna Samman" by Spirituality Consciousness Association in January 2018 for his contribution towards Yoga and Ayurveda.
- Acharya Balkrishna was awarded with "Indian of the Year Business Category- 2017" for his contribution to the country to strengthened the foundation of our society and has helped build Brand India in the process by CNN-News 30 November 2017
- Acharya Balkrishna was awarded with "Jashn-e-Youngistan Samman for Business Icon of the Year" by News 24.
- Acharya Balkrishna honoured with "Lokmanya Tilak Award 2017" by Tilak Smarak Trust on 1 August 2017 for his contribution towards promotion Yoga & Ayurveda
- Acharya Balkrishna Ji awarded with "Bloomberg Special Recognition Award" On 22 March 2016 for outstanding contribution in the field of Ayurveda.
- Acharya Balkrishna, was bestowed with "Bharat Gaurav" award by Kaptan Singh Solanki, Governor of Haryana and Punjab in recognition of his amazing work in the field of Ayurveda at a programme organised by Indian International Friendship Society at New Delhi on Saturday.
- "Nepal followers celebrate Ramdev Aid Acharya Balkrishna's birthday with pomp". Daijiword.com. 4 August 2011. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Forbes profile: Acharya Balkrishna". Forbes. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- "A Billionaire With Fake Degrees And Passport – This Is Patanjali's CEO Acharya Balkrishna". indiatimes.com. Archived from the original on 17 March 2018. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Billionaire Baba: What makes Patanjali's Acharya Balkrishna one of India's richest". The Economic Times. 26 September 2017. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "How Acharya Balkrishna built a multi-crore company – Billionaire Baba". The Economic Times. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- "Billionaire Baba: What makes Patanjali's Acharya Balkrishna one of India's richest". The Economic Times. 26 September 2017. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- "Ramdev turns his Ayurved enterprise into an FMCG empire". Business Standard. 1 July 2015. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- "The man who owns 94% of Patanjali Ayurved". The Times of India.
- Singh, Kanishka (14 September 2016). "How our craze for Patanjali made Ramdev aide Acharya Balkrishna one of the wealthiest Indians". Indian Express. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- "Patanjali revenue up marginally in FY20, net profit rises 22%". Financial Express.
- "Should Patanjali's Dizzying Growth Worry the Competition?". The Wire. 19 September 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Ramdev's close aide and Patanjali CEO Acharya Balakrishna now worth Rs 25,600 crore". DNA. 14 September 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "India's 50 most influential personalities 2020". Yahoo News.
- "Forbes India Rich List 2020: These are India's youngest billionaires". CNBC TV 18.
- "Ramdev turns his Ayurved enterprise into an FMCG empire". Business Standard.
- "Acharya Balkrishna receives 'UNSDG 10 Most Influential People in Healthcare Award". The New Indian Express.
- "संग्रहीत प्रति". Archived from the original on 16 September 2020. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "संग्रहीत प्रति". Archived from the original on 17 September 2020. Retrieved 17 September 2020.
- "संग्रहीत प्रति". Archived from the original on 19 September 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- Pioneer, The. "Acharya Balkrishna receives Champions of Change Award". The Pioneer.
- "आचार्य बालकृष्ण को 'चैंपियंस ऑफ चेंज' अवार्ड, पूर्व राष्ट्रपति प्रणव मुखर्जी ने किया सम्मानित". Amar Ujala.
- "Acharya Balkrishna receives UNSDG 10 Most Influential People in Healthcare Award". Business Standard.
- "Acharya Balkrishna (Patanjali Ayurved): Best Wellness Impact Global 2019". cfi.co.
- "आचार्य बालकृष्ण भीष्म पुरस्कार से सम्मानित". Hindustan Hindi News.
- "आचार्य बालकृष्ण बन गए 'बिजनेस लीडर', मिला एक और अवॉर्ड". अमर उजाला.
- "आचार्य बालकृष्ण शालीन मानवरत्न पुरस्कार से सम्मानित". Hindustan Hindi News.
- "आचार्य बालकृष्ण के नाम जुड़ी एक और उपलब्धि, इस काम के लिए डी.लिट की उपाधि से हुआ सम्मान". अमर उजाला Hindi News.
- "आचार्य बालकृष्ण को दिया गीता रत्न सम्मान". जागरण.
- "CNN-News18 Indian of the Year – Indian of the Year in Business – Acharya Balkrishna". news18.
- "News 24 honours man who scares MNCs- Acharya Balkrishna". न्यूज़२४.
- "आचार्य बालकृष्ण लोकमान्य तिलक अवार्ड से सम्मानित". Hindustan Hindi News.
- "PATANJALI AYURVED LIMITED". IBEF : India Brand Equity Foundation.
- "Haryana Guv presents Balkrishna 'Bharat Gaurav' award". The Pioneer.