||This article does not cite any sources. (September 2014)
Ballads of the Book is a collaborative studio album, released on 5 March 2007, on Chemikal Underground. The project was curated by Idlewild lead vocalist Roddy Woomble, and features collaborations between Scottish musicians and Scottish writers. The album is considered a "joint effort" by all those involved. Ballads of the Book was produced at Chem19 studios by Paul Savage and Andy Miller.
The album's front cover was designed by Scottish author/artist Alasdair Gray, and painted by Richard Todd. The cover states that it is "for Edwin Morgan."
The album's liner notes include each of the poems in full.
- "Song For Irena" - Mike Heron & John Burnside
- "Steam Comes Off Our House" - De Rosa & Michel Faber
- "A Calvinist Narrowly Avoids Pleasure" - James Yorkston & Bill Duncan
- "Dreamcatcher" - Foxface & Rody Gorman
- "A Sentimental Song" - Lord Cut-Glass & Alasdair Gray
- "The Sixth Stone" - Aidan Moffat & Ian Rankin
- "Girl" - Norman Blake & John Burnside
- "The Good Years" - Karine Polwart & Edwin Morgan
- "The War On Love Song" - Sons and Daughters & A. L. Kennedy
- "The Leaving" - Alasdair Roberts & Robin Robertson
- "Message In A Bottle" - Strike the Colours & Rody Gorman
- "If You Love Me You'd Destroy Me" - Aereogramme & Hal Duncan
- "The Rebel On His Own Tonight" - Malcolm Middleton & Alan Bissett
- "Half An Apple" - Trashcan Sinatras & Ali Smith
- "The Fire" - Vashti Bunyan & Rodge Glass
- "Where And When" - King Creosote & Laura Hird
- "Jesus On The Cross" - Emma Pollock & Louise Welsh
- "The Weight Of Years" - Idlewild & Edwin Morgan