|No. of offices||15 offices|
|No. of attorneys||More than 500|
|Major practice areas||Real Estate, Intellectual Property, Business and Finance, Litigation, and Public Finance|
|Key people||Mark S. Stewart, Chair|
|Company type||Limited Liability Partnership|
Ballard Spahr LLP is a Philadelphia-based law firm of more than 500 lawyers practicing throughout the United States in the areas of litigation, business and finance, intellectual property, public finance, and real estate.  The firm is one of the largest in the United States according to The American Lawyer.
Ballard Spahr has a real estate practice in the United States, encompassing virtually all aspects of real estate finance, conveyancing, construction, and development. The firm's largest department is its litigation department. The firm also works in mergers and acquisitions, securities and other areas of corporate law, including the representation of sports franchises. The firm has also represented government entities in the issuance of municipal bonds and other tax-exempt instruments. The firm also practices in the areas of labor & employment, insurance law, environmental law, tax law and other related sub-disciplines.
In 2017, the firm opens an office in Boulder, Colorado—a hub for innovation and entrepreneurial leadership—with the addition of a group of attorneys focused on corporate and securities, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, and strategic transactional matters.
- "Ballard Spahr LLP Website". ballardspahr.com. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "American Lawyer Media AmLaw 200 List, 2012". americanlawyer.com. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "Chambers USA profile". Chambersandpartners.com. Retrieved September 29, 2010.
- http://www.ballardspahr.com/about/practice.asp Full list of practice areas
- (Press Release) Firm press release announcing the acquisition
- (Press Release) http://www.ballardspahr.com/bssfny