Ballina Byron Gateway Airport
|Ballina Byron Gateway Airport|
|Operator||Ballina Shire Council|
|Location||Ballina, New South Wales|
|Elevation AMSL||7 ft / 2 m|
|Statistics (FY 2010-11)|
It is 5 km (3 mi) from the Ballina CBD, in Southern Cross Drive. An occasional bus service operates to and from the airport, except on Christmas Day.
In 2005 Ballina Airport was renamed Ballina Byron Gateway Airport in a bid to attract more people to the area.
A master plan for an upgrade and expansion of the terminal has been drawn up and may be constructed with a new glass facade facing the apron and runway as well as a new drop-off/pick-up area and multiple interior changes. This is due to the increase in numbers since the introduction of jet services by Jetstar and Virgin Australia.
The upgrade will in the future involve a taxiway being built for the runway and many more facilities for the airport. There is a master plan for the airport.
Airlines and destinations
|Jetstar Airways||Melbourne, Sydney|
|1||New South Wales Sydney Airport||270,435||1.3||Virgin Australia, Jetstar, Regional Express|
The Ballina Aero club, which was established in 1928, has a club house located in the general aviation hangar area. Use of the club house is available to transiting pilots. 
Air T&G operate a fleet of helicopters on sight seeing, fire bombing and training duties.
Black Swan Aviation is a general aviation aircraft maintenance facility carrying out all types of maintenance.
Classic Aero Adventure Flights operates a CAC Winjeel on warbird joy flights around the local district.
- Fiscal year 1 July - 30 June
- PDF). AIP En Route Supplement from Airservices Australia, effective 01 March 2018 (
- "Airport Traffic Data 1985-86 to 2010-11". Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics (BITRE). May 2012. Archived from the original on 24 March 2012. Retrieved 8 May 2012.
- "Domestic aviation activity August 2013" (PDF). Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- "Schreiver Hamilton Architecture".
- Ballina Byron Gateway Airport Development Strategy
- "Media Release - FlyPelican to commence Air Services between Newcastle and Ballina (Byron Bay)" (PDF). Fly Pelican. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "Deals". Airly. Retrieved 28 October 2017.
- Australian Domestic Airline Activity
- Ballina Byron Gateway Airport - Official Website
|This New South Wales airport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|