Balls Out: Gary the Tennis Coach
|Balls Out: Gary the Tennis Coach|
|Directed by||Danny Leiner|
|Produced by||Danny Leiner
Seann William Scott
|Written by||Andy Stock
|Starring||Seann William Scott
|Music by||John Swihart|
|Edited by||Matthew Rohrs|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Home Entertainment|
Balls Out: Gary the Tennis Coach is an American sports comedy film directed by Danny Leiner and features actor Seann William Scott as the main character and Randy Quaid in a supporting role. It was filmed mostly in Austin and Taylor, Texas, and was released direct-to-video on January 13, 2009.
- Seann William Scott as Gary "The Beast" Housman
- Randy Quaid as Coach Lew Tuttle
- Brando Eaton as Mike Jensen
- Emilee Wallace as Jenny Tuttle
- A.D. Miles as Steve Pimble
- Leonor Varela as Norma Sanchez
- Daniel Ross as Jeffery Vanier
- Tim Williams as Dickhead Daubert
- Ryan Simpkins as Amy Daubert
- Conor Donovan as Burke Nibbons
- Allen Evangelista as Maricar Magwill
- Justin Chon as Joe Chang
- Vincent Coleman Taylor as Kevin Jones (as Vincent Taylor)
- Bryan Mitchell as Randy King
- Remington Dewan as Paul the Videographer
- Meredith Eaton as Mrs. Tuttle
- Joseph Dwyer as Tommy Tremble
- Sterling Knight as Opposing Team Tennis Player (uncredited)
The screenplay, written by Andy Stock and Rick Stempson, won the 2005 BlueCat Screenplay Competition. The film is set in Lincoln, Nebraska but was filmed mostly in Austin, Texas and various locations around the city. The writers Rick Stempson and Andy Stock are both Lincoln East High School graduates.
- "Ball's Out: The Gary Houseman Story". The Movie Insider. Archived from the original on 4 February 2009. Retrieved March 7, 2009.
- "BlueCat Screenwriting Competition - 2005 Winner". Bluecat Screenplay Competition. Archived from the original on July 8, 2010. Retrieved July 8, 2010.
- "Tennis coach is seeing stars with Hollywood screenplay deal". Daily Nebraskan. Retrieved April 6, 2006.