Ballygunge Government High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Ballygunge Government High School, Kolkata (India)|
|38/2, Naresh Mitra Sarani
Kolkata – 700020
|Medium of language||Bengali|
|Affiliation||WBBSE and WBCHSE|
Ballygunge Government High School, or BGHS, is a school in West Bengal, India. This is a boys only school for secondary and higher secondary level students. Its medium of instruction is Bengali. It was once considered one of the best Bengali medium schools in Kolkata and continues to be a good one. The campus includes a fairly large play-ground and the school offers variety of extracurricular activities for its students. The school has produced many well known academics, film and theater personalities, journalist and musicians. Currently, there are over 1200 students enrolled at this school. The school is adjacent to Kolkata Regional Transport Office (RTO)/Ballygunge police station and Kolkata Motor Vehicles Department
Classes between class one to class five are taught in the morning section, while classes between six and twelve are conducted at the day section.
- Wall magazine "Iiha" with articles, poems and short stories.
- School magazine "Baagbitan" is published every year. Students and teachers contribute poems, essays, short stories, and sketches.
- An annual three-day arts fair is held at the time of Saraswati Puja. The students contribute crafts, drawings, scientific experiments and works for public display.
- Sports events are run during the annual sports.
- Independence day is celebrated with a ceremony every year on 15 August in the school premises.
- The school's foundation day is celebrated on 3 January.
- Saraswati Puja is one of the main festivals held in the school.
- Activities include theater, singing, drawing competition, debate, and recitation.
White shirt with the school badge stitched on the shirt's pocket, white pant and black school shoes.
White shirts with the school badge stitched on the shirt's pocket, khaki pant and black school shoes up to class ten. For class eleven and twelve black pant, white shirt with the school badge stitched on the shirt's pocket and black school shoes.
The address of the school is 38/2, Naresh Mitra Sarani (formerly known as Beltala Road), Ballygunge, Kolkata : 700020.
'Cinema and Theatre'
- Gautam Bhattacharya
- Joydeep Ray
Singer & Musician
- Official Web page of Department of Regenerative Medicine & Translational Science, Calcutta School of Tropical Medicine
- Wikipedia Page on Presidency College
- Former Principal Advisor Planning Commission; Planning Commission Order No. M-12015/1/2011-HRD dated 8th April 2011 refers
- Former PMG, Kolkata Region, On the Rox E-Magazine, edition January 13, 2015