|Population||3,827 (2011 census)|
|• Density||2,940/km2 (7,620/sq mi)|
|Area||1.3 km2 (0.5 sq mi)|
|Location||9 km (6 mi) from Brisbane|
|LGA(s)||City of Brisbane|
Balmoral is located 9 kilometres (5.6 mi) east of the Brisbane CBD.
Balmoral State High School opened on 3 February 1958.
Balmoral has one high school called Balmoral State High School.
A famous person to come out of this particular suburb is Laurel Edwards who is a presenter on the 4KQ Brisbane Breakfast Show and also a presenter on Channel 7's The Great South East.
In the 2011 Census the population of Balmoral is 3,827, 51.8% female and 48.2% male.
The median/average age of the Balmoral population is 35 years of age, 2 years below the Australian average.
74% of people living in Balmoral were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 5.5%, New Zealand 4.2%, Ireland 1.1%, Scotland 0.8%, India 0.8%.
88.4% of people speak English as their first language 0.9% Spanish, 0.7% Mandarin, 0.7% Greek, 0.5% Italian, 0.3% German.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Balmoral, Qld (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Find a postcode". Australia Post. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "Morningside Ward". Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "Balmoral (entry 44262)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- Brisbane Suburb: Balmoral - History of Balmoral - ourbrisbane.com
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Balmoral
- Balmoral State High School
- "Local History - Balmoral". Australian Broadcasting Commission. 7 May 2009.
|This article about a place in Brisbane is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|