Balmoral Ridge, Queensland
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
|Population||278 (2016 census)|
|• Density||29.26/km2 (75.8/sq mi)|
|Area||9.5 km2 (3.7 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|LGA(s)||Sunshine Coast Region|
|State electorate(s)||Glass House|
In the north the locality lies adjacent to Baroon Pocket Dam. Balmoral Lookout is located on a prominent ridge of the range along Maleny Montville Road. Obi Obi Creek marks a majority of the western boundary.
Traditionally the district was informally known as Balmoral. However, in 1989 when the Caloundra City Council asked to make it an official place name, the Queensland Government was concerned about potential for confusion with Balmoral in the City of Brisbane and decided that it be officially named Balmoral Ridge.
In the 2011 census, Balmoral Ridge recorded a population of 281 people, 53.7% female and 46.3% male. The median age of the Balmoral Ridge population was 55 years, 18 years above the national median of 37. 68.2% of people living in Balmoral Ridge were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 5.7%, New Zealand 4.3%, Scotland 1.4%, Finland 1.4%, Canada 1.1%. 87.8% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 1.8% Afrikaans, 1.8% German.
There are two lookouts in Balmoral Ridge, both on the Maleny Montville Road:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Balmoral Ridge, Queensland.|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Balmoral Ridge (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Balmoral Ridge – locality in Sunshine Coast Region (entry 48505)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 7 March 2022.
- "Item ID3411332, Queensland Place Names Act 1988 - Approval of Place Name. - Mr W.H. Glasson". Queensland State Archives. Retrieved 12 September 2020.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Balmoral Ridge (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "Tourist points - Queensland". Queensland Open Data. Queensland Government. 18 November 2020. Archived from the original on 24 November 2020. Retrieved 24 November 2020.