|Comune di Balocco|
|Province||Province of Vercelli (VC)|
|• Mayor||Piermario Pedruzzi|
|• Total||16.7 km2 (6.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||16/km2 (42/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Balocco is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Vercelli in the Italian region Piedmont, located about 60 kilometres (37 mi) northeast of Turin and about 20 kilometres (12 mi) northwest of Vercelli. As of 31 December 2004, it had a population of 273 and an area of 16.7 square kilometres (6.4 sq mi). It is the home of the Circuito di Balocco road-testing track.
The main activity is agriculture: rice farming, corn and wheat . The motorway nearby has favored the settlement of industrial companies.
Circuito di Balocco
Balocco is the seat of the major proving ground of FCA Italy. The Circuito di Balocco test track was built in the early 1960s by Alfa Romeo for testing new cars, prototypes and racing cars. In the track is also hosted club and racing organization events. The track area exceeds 5,000,000 square metres (1,200 acres) and it has over 65 kilometres (40 mi) of different types of test tracks.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- "Balocco". archiviostorico.alfaromeo.it/. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- "ALFA ROMEO PROVING GROUND". gdecarli.it. Retrieved 2008-07-06.
- "The second edition of Formula ATA will be held next month at Balocco". italiaspeed.com. 2006. Retrieved 2011-12-17.
|This article on a location in the Province of Vercelli is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|