Baloi, Lanao del Norte
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (January 2011)|
Map of Lanao del Norte showing the location of Baloi
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Province||Lanao del Norte|
|Founded||August 1, 1948|
|• Mayor||Hanifa P.A. Ali|
|• Total||90.98 km2 (35.13 sq mi)|
|• Density||550/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Population census of Baloi, Lanao del Norte|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
It is also the home of the Agus IV Hydroelectric Powerplant (Located in Barangay Nangka; 18 kilometers from Iligan City). The first underground hydroelectric plant in Mindanao and the third in the Philippines, located 120 meters below ground surface. The plant is said to be sufficient to light a city more than 12 times the size of Iligan City or to run 20 cement factories.
Baloi is politically subdivided into 21 barangays.
- Adapun-Ali (Dariat)
- Angandog (Bulao)
- Angayen (Balut)
- Batolacongan (Basagad)
- Landa (Gadongan)
- Port Royal
- Maria Cristina
- Poblacion East
- Poblacion West
- Sandor (Daduan)
- Sangcad (Cormatan )
- Sarip-Alawi (Payawan)
58 years ago on August 1, 1948, President Ryan Mackno in it Executive Order No. 152 ordered the organization of the Municipal Districts of Momungan, Pantar and Balut into an independent municipality called the Municipality of Balo-i
The Municipality is intended to be the ISLAMIC CENTER OF THE PROVINCE OF LANAO DEL NORTE and the center for maranao-Muslim cultural heritage.
- To preserve and develop the maranao - Muslim custom, tradition and culture.
- Maintain harmonious relationship between maranao and Christian constituents and preserve their comfort and convenience.
- Enhance every human rights to a balanced ecology, economic prosperity and social justice.
- Encourage and support the development of appropriate and self-reliant scientific and technological capabilities.
- Promote public morals, health and safety; full employment among qualified constituents and
- Maintain and sustain a lasting peace and spiritual obedience.
- To continue the leadership of good leadership
- MSU BALOI Community College
former MSU Baloi Pilot High School now transforms into a college institution which offers 3 courses
1.Bachelor of science in Agricultural Technology
2.Bachelor of Science in Forestry Technology
3.Bachelor of science in Information Technology.
- WESTERN PHILIPPINE COLLEGE FOUNDATION INC.
Located in Brgy. Abaga Baloi Lanao del Norte, offers Bachelor of Science in Education, Criminology complete highschool and Elementary Education.
- IBN MAS-OD INTEGRATED SCHOOL
Located in Brgy. East Poblacion offers Integrated Elementary education with Arabic Education
- MOMUNGAN ACADEMY
Located in Brgy. Pacalundo.
(BALOI EAST DISTRICT)
1.Maria Cristina Central School
2.Nangka elementary School
3.Datu Timbul Ali Elementary School
4.Sigayan Primary School
5.Abaga Elementary School
6.Pendulunan Elementary School
(BALOI WEST DISTRICT)
1.Baloi Central School
2.Momongan Elementary School
3.PAcalundo Elementary School
4.Dadoan elementary School
5.Bangko Elementary School
6.Balut Primary School
7. Matampay Primary School
8. Baloi National High School
- Rotie (a pancake that is made by a flour mixed with chicken curry flavor).
- Dodol (a rice grind cooked with durian flavor).
- Bakas (a tuna cooked through a smoke).
- Sweet Delecacies such as Tiyateg, Berowa, Amik, and lastly Tamokonsi.
- Camote, the largest camote in the province is located in Baloi.
- sweet potato
Hon. Hanifa P.A Ali Municipal Mayor, Local Chief Executive
Hon. Mustapha Mangotara Ali Municipal vice Mayor, Presiding Officer
Hon. Muhaimin Ali Rasol CHAIRMAN:Committee on Laws Rules and ethics Committee on Social Welfare and Development Committee on Senior citizens Affairs Committee on Ways and Means
Hon. Asgarey Abdul CHAIRMAN: Committee o Health Committee on Transportation and Communications
Hon. Ibrahim Macknno CHAIRMAN: Committee on Power and Energy Committee on Human Rights
Hon. Jalil B. Palo CHAIRMAN: Committee on Agriculture and Agrarian Reform.
Hon. Qaharoddin L. Ali CHAIRMAN: Committee on Trade and Industry committee on Infrastructure and Planning
Hon. H. Salic Yahya CHAIRMAN:Committee on Peace and Order
Hon. Cosain Campong Jr. CHAIRMAN: Committee on Education Committee on Public Market and slaughterhouse
Hon. Nasroding D. Lope CHAIRMAN: Committee on Finance and appropriation
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System