Balo-i, Lanao del Norte
Map of Lanao del Norte with Balo-i highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Province||Lanao del Norte|
|District||1st district of Lanao del Norte|
|Founded||August 1, 1948|
|• Mayor||Hanifa P. Ali|
|• Vice-Mayor||Mustapha M. Ali|
|• Total||90.98 km2 (35.13 sq mi)|
|• Density||550/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Balo-i (also spelled Baloi, Balëy using Filipino 2014 Orthography) is a third class municipality in the province of Lanao del Norte, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 50,387 people.
It is the home of the Agus IV Hydroelectric Powerplant (Located in Barangay Nangka; 18 kilometers from Iligan City) on the Agus River. The plant, located 120 metres (390 ft) below ground surface, is the first underground hydroelectric plant in Mindanao and the third in the Philippines. It is said to be sufficient to light a city more than 12 times the size of Iligan City or to run 20 cement factories. Also, Balo-i is the town where the Maria Cristina Airport, also known as Iligan Airport, is located.
- Adapun-Ali (Dariat)
- Angandog (Bulao)
- Angayen (Balut)
- Batolacongan (Basagad)
- Landa (Gadongan)
- Port Royal
- Maria Cristina
- Poblacion East
- Poblacion West
- Sandor (Daduan)
- Sangcad (Cormatan)
- Sarip-Alawi (Payawan)
- Loya Teduk
|Population census of Balo-i|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Products: rotie (a pancake that is made by a flour mixed with chicken curry flavor), dodol (a rice grind cooked with durian flavor), bakas (a tuna cooked through a smoke), sweet delecacies such as tiyateg, berowa, amik, and tamokonsi.
Crops: camote (the largest camote in the province), corn, pakal, vegetables, squash, watermelon, madang, durian, coconut, peanut, sweet potato.
- MSU Balo-i Community College, former MSU Balo-i Pilot High School now a college institution which offers three Bachelor of Science degrees (Agricultural Technology, Forestry Technology, and Information Technology).
- Western Philippine College Foundation Inc., located in Brgy. Abaga, offers Bachelor of Science in Education, Criminology, as well as complete highschool and elementary education.
- IBN Mas-Od Integrated School, located in Brgy. East Poblacion, offers integrated elementary education with Arabic education.
- Momungan Academy, located in Brgy. Pacalundo.
Baloi West District:
Baloi East District:
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: LANAO DEL NORTE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System