Baltic Defence College
|Motto||Ad securitatem patriarum (Latin: For the fatherlands’ security)|
|Established||25 February 1999|
|Approx. 50|
|Students||Approx. 80|
The Baltic Defence College (BALTDEFCOL) is a multinational military college, established by the three Baltic states (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania) in 1999. It serves as a centre of strategic and operational research and provides professional military education to intermediate- and senior-level officers and government officials from the founding states, other member states of the European Union (EU) and the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) EU countries, as well as other European countries including Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine.
The Baltic Defence College hosts roundtable seminars and major conferences annually, including a Cyber Conference and a Conference on Russian 'Power Projection'. The college's academic faculty also engage in personal research, generating a range of different articles, books and commentaries each year.
In May 2014 Tartu County Court found Baltic Defence College staff members, Finance Officer Jana Lundblad and Chief of Support Lt. Col. Indrek Paul - Rajamäe-Volmer, guilty of misappropriation of funds. They received suspended prison sentences.
- Estonian National Defence College
- List of universities in Estonia
- NATO Defense College
- European Security and Defence College
- NATO School
- Baltic Defence College. "Facts about the courses". Baltic Defence College. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
- Baltic Defence College. "International Conference on Russian 'Power Projection'". Russian 'Power Projection' in the Twenty-first Century. Archived from the original on 12 November 2014. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
- Baltic Defence College. "Faculty Publications". Baltic Defence College. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
- Jermalavicius, Tomas. "Institutional Page". International Centre for Defence Studies. Archived from the original on 13 November 2014. Retrieved 12 November 2014.