Avia Solutions Group
|Publicly traded company|
(Chairman of the Board)
|Services||See services listing|
Number of employees
Jet Maintenance Solutions
FL Technics Training
Baltic Ground Services
Avia Solutions Group is an international, publicly traded aviation holding company with over 20 subsidiaries worldwide. Avia Solutions Group is based in Vilnius, Lithuania. Avia Solutions Group was listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange (WSE) in March 2011 and became the first foreign company to be listed on the exchange that year. Shareholders of the company include ING Open Pension Fund, Harberin Enterprises, ZIA Valda and others.
The history of Avia Solutions Group began in 2005 when Lithuanian Airlines, the national airlines of Lithuania, was privatized. LAL investicijų valdymas acquired 100% of the airline shares for 7.53 million Euro. The airline was re-branded as FlyLAL and several companies were spun - out, including Baltic Ground Services (ground handling), FL Technics (aviation maintenance, repair, and operations), and Bilietų Pardavimo Centras (travel agency). In 2008 FlyLAL filed a lawsuit against Latvian carrier airBaltic , accusing airline of price dumping. In 2009 FlyLAL was forced to declare bankruptcy with around 29 million euros in debts after the government refused to bail the company out and a potential buyout deal fell through. In 2014 Court of Justice of the European Union allowed to arrest the property of airBaltic and Riga International Airport in order to ensure main proceedings, seeking legal redress for damage resulting from alleged infringements of European Union competition law in the flyLAL lawsuit against airBlatic for price dumping.
In the beginning, Avia Solutions Group covered three aviation business areas, including ground handling (Baltic Ground Services), aircraft maintenance (FL Technics) and travel services (Bilietu Pardavimo Centras).
In July 2006, Baltic Ground Services was sold to UAB Finansų spektro investicija. The company was bought back by Avia Solutions Group from investment company Invalda in November 2008. The same year Baltic Ground Services became first company in Europe and tenth in world to receive IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) certificate. In January 2015, Baltic Ground Services joined IATA’s Ground Handling Council (IGHC).
In December 2005 Bilietų Pardavimo Centras became a member of IATA and in November 2006 changed its name into BPC Travel (stands for Best Price for Consumers Travel) to better reflect its business philosophy. BPC Travel left Avia Solutions Group in 2010.
In 2010 FL Technics achieved Boeing 737 NG base maintenance certificate. In October 2011 Boeing selected FL Technics as its GoldCare partner. In 2014 FL Technics invested $4 million in new high-tech MRO hangar in Kaunas. In 2014 company launched Online Training™, a remote EASA Part-147-compliant training program, based on visually enhanced materials available online.
In November 2006, Baltic Aviation Academy (originally flyLAL Training) was established based on the training center of FlyLAL. Company provides FTO (Flight Training Organization) and TRTO (Type Rating Training Organization) type rating for 10+ aircraft types and operates full flight simulators for Airbus A320 and other aircraft.
In 2007, the group established Aviation Asset Management (now AviaAM Leasing). In June 2008, it signed its first third-party lease contract with Kazakh Scat Air. AviaAM leasing left the group in 2010. In 2013 AviaAM Leasing launched its IPO and now is listed on WSE.
In 2008 Avia Solutions Group separated its charter flights activities from FlyLAL and established a charter airline. In July 2010, it underwent a major re-branding and became Small Planet Airlines. In March, 2013 Avia Solutions Group sold 99.5 per cent of Small Planet Airlines UAB (Lithuania) and Small Planet Airlines Sp. z.o.o. (Poland) to an investment group led by the carrier's management team.
In 2010 Avia Solutions Group established an IT company, which developed its own platform to trade aircraft inventory and maintenance services. In 2014 Locatory.com launched Amber A.I., artificial intelligence tool that converts e-mail parts inquiries into searches.
In 2011 Avia Solutions Group launched AviationCV.com, a global provider of aviation jobs specialists resourcing solutions for airlines, MRO providers and other industry companies.
In 2013 Avia Solutions Group launched its own private jet charter carrier KlasJet. The carrier is based in Vilnius, Lithuania and operates its flights in Europe, CIS and other regions.
In 2014 the Group launched a business aviation charter air carrier KlasJet. Same year, BAA Training launched an aviation training IT software developer MOMook.
In 2016 the Group-controlled Ramport Aero opened Zhukovsky International Airport (IATA:ZIA) near Moscow, Russia. Later that year, Avia Solutions Group launched a competence development center Emblick, acquired Estonian tour operator GoAdventure EE. The Group’s subsidiary in Indonesia also opened a new MRO center in Jakarta.
In 2011 Avia Solutions Group was recognized as one of the best debutants on WSE. In 2011 Avia Solutions Group received "Golden Chariot", public award for the outstanding performance in international transport industry in Russia.
In 2012 Linas Dovydenas, CEO at Avia Solutions Group was awarded as the CEO of the year by the readers of business news website and newspaper “Verslo Zinios”.
In 2013 Baltic Ground Services received the Grand Prix of the first Lithuanian “I love my company” contest.
In 2013 Avia Solutions Group received Polish Business Award in category “Increase of share price of Lithuanian company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange“.
In 2013 FL Technics Line Russia was recognized as the Russia’s Leader 2013 in the “Transport and inventory wholesale” category.
In 2014 Gediminas Ziemelis, the Chairman of the Board of Avia Solutions Group, Anatolij Legenzov, CEO of Helisota and Tomas Vaisvila, General Director of Ramport Aero, have been included in the Aviation Weeks' Top 40 young leaders under 40 list. Gediminas Ziemelis became only person to be included two times in a row with his first repeat appearance in 2012.
In May 2015, FL Technics received an award from Kaunas Labor Exchange for the innovations in Kaunas region. The award is dedicated to congratulate the most honoured employers for their support in forming employment policy in the Kaunas region.
In November 2015, FL Technics participated in the .eu Web Awards ceremony, which took place at the Museum of Natural Sciences in Brussels, Belgium. Website www.fltechnics.eu, has recently been shortlisted in the leaders category of the competition and after a detailed analysis of website features as well as other criteria, it received the highest score from the jury and snatched the award!
In June 2016, Avia Solutions Group received a National Public Champion award and was named amongst 10 best European businesses in the RSM Entrepreneur of the Year category at the European Business Awards. Same year, Ramport Aero received Best investment project award for successful launch of Zhukovsky International Airport.
The management board currently has five members. Gediminas Ziemelis, chairman of the board, and 4 members – Aurimas Sanikovas, Avia Solutions Group’s Chief Financial Officer, Daumantas Lapinskas, Deputy CEO of Avia Solutions Group, Zilvinas Lapinskas, CEO of FL Technics and Anatolij Legenzov, CEO of Helisota.
As of April 2017, the Group’s shares are distributed in the following proportions.
|Shareholder||No of shares||% Share|
|ZIA Valda Cyprus Ltd.||2.290.045||29,44|
|Indeco: Investment and Development UAB||832.666||10,71|
|VGE Investments Limited||785.216||10,10|
|Mesotania Holdings Ltd.||699.115||8,99|
|Harberin Enterprises Limited||605.227||7,78|
|Nationale-Nederlanden Otwarty Fundusz Emerytalny||390.000||5,01|
|Other Free Float||2.000.278||25,72|
|Total number of shares||7.777.777||100%|
Avia Solutions Group has offices in Lithuania, the USA, the UK, Poland, Serbia, Estonia, Moscow, Thailand and Indonesia. As of April, 2017, Avia Solutions Group controls the following companies:
- FL Technics, Jet MS, Helisota – providers of maintenance and repair of commercial and business aviation airplanes, as well as helicopters
- BAA Training – aviation training provider
- BGS – ground handling and fueling provider
- Locatory.com, Sensus Aero, MOMook – aviation IT solutions developers
- KlasJet – business aviation charter air carrier and business jet manager
- Laserpas – provider of aerial infrastructure inspections by UAVs
- AviationCV.com – aviation personnel resourcing provider
- Kidy Tour – tour operator
- Ramport Aero – airport developer and operator
Companies that were part of Avia Solutions Group:
- FlyLaL – national airline of Lithuania (bankrupt)
- BPC Travel – travel agency (spun out)
- AviaAM Leasing – long-term aircraft leasing (spun out)
- UAB Passenger Terminal – construction company to build a new passenger terminal at Vilnius Airport (abandoned)
- Small Planet Airlines – charter airline (sold)
- "Avia Solutions Group - Founded". Registru centras. 2010-08-12. Retrieved 2015-03-24.
- "Avia Solutions Group - Consolidated Annual Report" (PDF). Avia Solutions Group. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- Baltic Aviation Academy changes name to BAA Training
- Avia Solutions Group Debuts on Warsaw Stock Exchange
- Privatisation of state-owned enterprises in Lithuania
- The competition council authorised the concentration deal by FlyLAL Group services subject to conditions Archived April 2, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- FlyLAL bankrupt, minister demands investigation
- flyLAL-Lithuanian Airlines AS, in liquidation
- Baltic Ground Services was sold to UAB Finansų spektro investicija
- ISAGO Begins to Take Hold
- ISAGO registry
- Baltic Ground Services Joins IATA’s Ground Handling Council
- "Private Jet Charter". Wednesday, 11 January 2017
- FL Technics extends capabilities by adding Boeing 737 NG
- FL Technics becomes Boeing GoldCare partner
- New FL Technics’ MRO centre in Kaunas welcomes first clients
- FL Technics Training Launches Online Training Courses
- Baltic Aviation Academy launches A320 simulator
- "Aviation Asset Management" plečiasi į Rytus Archived October 6, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Shares of AviaAM Leasing debuted on the WSE
- flyLAL Charters renamed Small Planet Airlines
- Avia sells Small Planet Airlines to airline's management Archived April 2, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- Locatory.com Converts E-Mail Parts Inquiries Into Searches
- Avia Solutions Group launches AviationCV
- FL Technics parent branches out into helicopter MRO
- New Air Charter Firm KlasJet Starts Operations
- BAA Training launched an aviation training IT software developer MOMook
- Avia Solutions Group launched a Lithuanian tour operator Kidy Tour
- Avia Solutions Group launched a UAV-based infrastructure inspections provider Laserpas
- Ramport Aero opened Zhukovsky International Airport
- Avia Solutions Group launched a competence development center Emblick
- Avia Solutions Group acquired Estonian tour operator GoAdventure EE
- The Group’s subsidiary in Indonesia opened a new MRO center in Jakarta.
- Avia Solutions Group awards
- Avia Solutions Group received "Golden Chariot"
- Avia Solutions Group recognised as the best international transport company in Russia
- Linas Dovydenas, CEO at Avia Solutions Group was awarded as the CEO of the year
- Aviation Week & Space Technology Presents the Rising Stars of Aerospace in "Top 40 Under Forty" Special Issue
- Baltic Ground Services received the Grand Prix of the first Lithuanian “I love my company” contest
- Avia Solutions Group received Polish Business Award in category “Increase of share price of Lithuanian company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange“
- FL Technics Line Russia Wins "Russia's Leader 2013" Award
- Gediminas Ziemelis
- FL Technics received an award from Kaunas Labor Exchange
- Avia Solutions Group received a National Public Champion award
- Anatolij Legenzov
- Avia Solutions Group shareholders as of March 2015
- Avia Solutions Group - Controlled companies
- Apie UAB „Passenger Terminal“
- Avia Solutions Group official website
- BAA Training official website
- AviationCV official website
- Baltic Ground Services official website
- FL Technics official website
- Jet Maintenance Solutions official website
- FL Technics Training official website
- Locatory.com official website
- Helisota official website
- KlasJet official website
- Sensus Aero official website
- MOMook official website
- Laserpas official website
- Kidy Tour official website
- Ramport Aero official website